Hopper 3 issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Are these reports of H3 rebooting for systems with TWO H3's or even in households with just ONE H3. I ask because about two years ago there was the notorious constant reboot of ONE of the H3's in TWO H3 installations. That fix took months. In that old bug ONE of the two H3's had to be disconnected from power, and that would allow the other to boot up and be stable. This meant you could only use ONE H3 at any one time.

I truly hope Dish fixes this for those affected. My heart is with those dealing with this problem. I was there two years ago and it was a HUGE PITA.

Are these reports of H3 rebooting for systems with TWO H3's or even in households with just ONE H3. I ask because about two years ago there was the notorious constant reboot of ONE of the H3's in TWO H3 installations. That fix took months. In that old bug ONE of the two H3's had to be disconnected from power, and that would allow the other to boot up and be stable. This meant you could only use ONE H3 at any one time.

I truly hope Dish fixes this for those affected. My heart is with those dealing with this problem. I was there two years ago and it was a HUGE PITA.
I remember that, except in my case it was a two Hopper Duo system. For the H3 bug, did it matter if the H3's were connected to two separate dishes? In other words, did this still happen if they were not connected to each other in any way, other than maybe using the same internet connection? In my case, I had one Hopper Duo hooked up to Western Arc, and the other Hopper Duo hooked up to Eastern Arc, and I still had the constant rebooting on one Hopper Duo, while the other one worked just fine.

Just came out on the portal today:

HOPPER MODEL RECEIVERS REBOOTING ON THEIR OWN

Hopper receivers may see 1599 "Your receiver is currently running a system check and will reboot shortly" error messaging and receivers may reboot on their own.

During this time, customers will be missing AutoHop and new receiver activations will not have access to Ch.1 / Ch.501. The next update will be provided upon status change.

Thank you,
IHS Portal Team

Just came out on the portal today:

HOPPER MODEL RECEIVERS REBOOTING ON THEIR OWN

Hopper receivers may see 1599 "Your receiver is currently running a system check and will reboot shortly" error messaging and receivers may reboot on their own.

During this time, customers will be missing AutoHop and new receiver activations will not have access to Ch.1 / Ch.501. The next update will be provided upon status change.

Thank you,
IHS Portal Team

I have 2 Hopper3 receivers and a Joey3 receiver connected to DPH42 switch using Western arc. Both Hopper3 receivers have software version U925. I have not had any of the latest reboot issues that others are having on any of my dish receivers. Autohop is working on my dish receivers. I wonder why I am not having problems. It always amazes me how some can have problems while others are problem free.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have 2 Hopper3 receivers and a Joey3 receiver connected to DPH42 switch using Western arc. Both Hopper3 receivers have software version U925. I have not had any of the latest reboot issues that others are having on any of my dish receivers. Autohop is working on my dish receivers. I wonder why I am not having problems. It always amazes me how some can have problems while others are problem free.
Maybe it is best not to look a gift horse in the mouth. Otherwise... :deadhorse ...this might happen. :D

Seriously though, if everyone with the same model receiver and same software version always had every problem being reported, then nobody would ever want to stick around and keep using Dish service.

Reactions: HipKat

I dunno, I'm not having them either

As a "computer programmer" and then a "software engineer" for 40 years, it doesn't surprise me at all.

As a retired chemical engineer that did process control and automation, I always try to find a cause when problems occur by looking for differences among the software, equipment or operation. Once you find the difference you can then either fix the code, change the operation, or change the problem hardware.

As a retired chemical engineer that did process control and automation, I always try to find a cause when problems occur by looking for differences among the software, equipment or operation. Once you find the difference you can then either fix the code, change the operation, or change the problem hardware.
Oh, good. So, everyone who is having the reboot issue can get a replacement Hopper 3, and then the problem will be solved. That is actually what I had to do to fix the reboot issue, with one of my Hopper Duos, that I mentioned in post number 22.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)