No Braves In Hd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gatekeeper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
The regional FOX sports net SOUTH hd channel is not on.The Braves are at home too.They have blackout ESPN which would be HD if I could get it.I am in Alabama.Anyone else having the same problem?This really sucks:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Same here tonight in South Alabama as well. No HD on FSN, ESPN blacked out. It doesn't get any better for us Dish subscribers tomorrow and Friday either. We won't see either one of those games, they are on Peachtree. I guess I'll go to the neighbor's house (who has Directv) and watch them there.

Same here in the Atlanta area. I have yet to figure out how they determine when HD will be and will not be on. I thought that every home game on Fox Sport South or SportSouth would be in HD, until I saw no HD on Fox Sport South tonight. A few weeks ago, when the Braves were in Pittsburgh, I was so surprised that the game was in HD on SportSouth.....that was the first away game that I remember seeing in HD on SportSouth. When will Dish add Peachtree TV HD as a local channel in the Atlanta market???????????

Same here in North Alabama.

Since the game was blacked out on ESPN HD I expected the game on Fox Sports South to be in HD but it was not.

lowdown

I am in North Alabama also,with the same problem. This is not the first time that has happened this year.

I am getting so sick of all of this!
DirecTV can carry the Braves games in HD on FSN and SprotsSouth, but not good ol Dish.
I have been a subscriber for over 8 years, but this is just about enough.

Dang, ok, that makes me mad then. I was thinking all along that Fox Sports South wasn't broadcasting the game and not putting any blame on Dish. I can only assume that they thought that since it was on ESPN HD, they didnt' need to do it, but since most of the Braves fan base was blacked out of the ESPN broadcast, that left most watching it in SD. :mad:

I just wish Dish would put Peachtree tv on so we could watch the rest of the games if only in SD. I sure would like to be able to watch the 35 or so games that is on Peachtree. Don't know why Dish does not understand how important this channel is to Braves fans. My contract is up and I have really been thinking of going to directv just to get this one channel, but it is just the hassle of changing companies. It would not be as bad if I could subscribe to MLB.com but it is blacked out here in Mississippi. And the only way is to listen to XM Satellite radio for the games, thanks to my son I have the radio.. I have written to Dish about this channel but no answer from them..I am going to wait the rest of this month out before I decide to switch and see if any thing happens, if not, then I guess my $100+ a month will go somewhere else.

I just wish Dish would put Peachtree tv on so we could watch the rest of the games if only in SD. I sure would like to be able to watch the 35 or so games that is on Peachtree. Don't know why Dish does not understand how important this channel is to Braves fans.

They mentioned on the last Chat that they were close to an agreement with Peachtree TV. Does anyone know the status or have an update of any ongoing negotiations between Dish and Peachtree?

I havent heard anything about Dish's deal with P'tree TV, but I can tell you this... I get P'tree TV in HD via my OTA antenna, and it is the best HD picture I have ever seen!

Well luckily i can... and i say luckily because I am one of the MANY in Georgia that cant see the stupid 129 satellite because of trees, so as of right now OTA is the only way for me to get any locals! I am crossing my fingers for the locals to be mirrored on 61.5! I do have to say though that most, if not all of the OTA HD stations have a better picture. The tech guy I talked to that installed my 61.5 dish said that OTA has a better picture because its not ever compressed... the only problem is i can only record one at a time :-(