No broadband with hopper

Well here is what I see. You along with the other two posters here with the same issue all have Windstream as an ISP. To me the odds of that being a coincidence is pretty low. I believe the other two had their ports closed for some reason. I would start looking there if it was me with the issue.

Well here is what I see. You along with the other two posters here with the same issue all have Windstream as an ISP. To me the odds of that being a coincidence is pretty low. I believe the other two had their ports closed for some reason. I would start looking there if it was me with the issue.

I have had the same problems since the S234 update. I have a netgear router and Time Warner Oceanic internet.

The wireless connection works as I'm here at work watching live shows using my sling adapter. The only thing that doesn't work is the internet apps, gamefinder etc.

Everything worked fine before the update. So this is obviously a Dish problem with the software and nothing we as users did.

I've spent enough time trying to fix the problem, now it's Dish problem to fix. They can spend endless hours wasting everyone's time doing troubleshooting when they should be coming up with the software fix.

Like I said, everything worked fine before the update. Nothing has changed on my end and I suspect other peoples as well.

Come on Dish, admit the problem and fix it.

thanks Dune, i agree with you totally, heres my update, i tried a new router, instead of linksys, i am now using netgear, i also set up port forwarding and dmz with the netgear router, but with no avail. i did however learn that when forwarding ports you need to do this in the router and the modem, otherwise it wont work, i was able to get 80 and 443 open but 5678 would never allow me access. but even when i had 80 and 443 accessible, the hopper still wouldnt connect to the internet. I think i should be charging dishnetwork by the hour for the diagnosis time that i am spending, either way they are sending a tech out monday,and its free because i am under warranty, but i have to take off work for that, it costs me coming and going, wow, what a great experience with the Hopper.

I've had a PM from a DISH person offering to help. I appreciate the offer, but I don't wish to spend (futile) hours diagnosing what appears to be a problem with the Hopper software.

I was having the same issues. I resolved my problem by disconnecting pot to my HIC, after I did that, waiting about ten minutes, I restored power and everything has been working for the last 3 days!

first, thanks bobiii, i dont have the same setup you do. Next, I dont wanna be the one to look a gift horse in the mouth, i wanna punch it in the mouth, i got home from church tonite, and my internet is working without me doing anything, dish is scheduled to be here tomorrow to fix it, but guess what, now it aint broke. I dont find this funny at all. I mean really??? I sure it will last just long enough for the dish tech to come by and say, well I dont see anything wrong with it, just call us if you have anymore problems, and well have you miss another days work to meet us out here again, blah blah blah

I work for dish net. Sounds like u need a hic(hopper Internet connecter). U can connect this to one of the joeys with a cat5 cable and every rec , hopper and joeys , will be connected

I have to agree that the fact that having Windstream as an ISP is more than just a coincidence, but I also don't believe that the problem is on our side. If it was just Windstream, maybe. But from what I've been reading here, it's a lot more widespread than just Windstream. Sure, there's probably some kind of special tinkering we can do on our side that might, just might, get it working if we're really lucky but I don't think we should have to be going through all this to get a service we were promised when we signed up for the hopper. They broke it, they need to fix it. The first step in fixing the problem is admitting they have one. I think that's one of the main factors that irritates me the most. I spent 3-4 different times on the phone with techs from Dish, and not one of them has said "Sorry, we have an issue and we're trying to fix it." Instead they just kept saying that there's something wrong on my side and that it's my router, or my ISP, or something of that nature. I would've kept on believing them if I hadn't done a google search and found you guys here. It's things like this issue here that just kind of escalates the aggravation I get from some of the other issues I get with the hopper and the customer service from Dish, (Does anyone else have a problem with channels disappearing from their favorites list? grrr!) 11 months ago I got the explanation that "Well, the hopper's kind of new and we're still ironing out some issues." I accepted that, since it was new, but it's been 11 months now -- the "new" excuse is played out. DirecTV calls from time to time trying to get me to come back with all kinds offers, even offering to pay off my remaining contract. Maybe the next time they call I won't be so quick to dismiss them. (Even though I'm well aware the grass is not greener on the other side of that fence.) Oh well, if I feel froggy I might give Dish ANOTHER call tomorrow and see what hoops they'll have for me to jump through this time. I'll let y'all know if anything changes on my end, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

This is definitely a DISH problem. My hopper worked fine until the last update. I know a lot about networking and nothing has changed with my set up except that My Hopper and Joey no more have internet even though I can ping them without any loss of packets. They are basically connected to the internet, but there's some software glitch that's keeping the connection from working. Won't waste my time calling Dish Support. Hope the fix this sometime soon.

This is definitely a DISH problem. My hopper worked fine until the last update. I know a lot about networking and nothing has changed with my set up except that My Hopper and Joey no more have internet even though I can ping them without any loss of packets. They are basically connected to the internet, but there's some software glitch that's keeping the connection from working. Won't waste my time calling Dish Support. Hope the fix this sometime soon.

Who is your ISP? Curious is we can get someone from other than Windstream verified.

I know this may be some completely seperate issue and related to SW, but I know when people were having issues with connections timing out or dropping completely some time ago, most of the people experiencing that were Windstream/Frontier/ATT customers.

Hmmm, Dish bundles with Frontier, Windstream and AT&T. Is there something there? The TW Oceanic doesn't make sense then. :)

Hmmm, Dish bundles with Frontier, Windstream and AT&T. Is there something there? The TW Oceanic doesn't make sense then. :)

As i said earlier, I am connected to the internet. My Sling adapter works fine and my bridging to the Joey does the Media connection fine.

I just don't have Blockbuster or any of the Internet app's

We are sorry to hear some of you are experiencing issues regarding your Hopper's internet connection and access to applications. To help us identify the problem, we ask that anyone experiencing issues with their internet connection on the Hopper or apps not loading or missing completely, please send us your account number in a PM so we can investigate further. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)