No broadband with hopper

I think they realized that people were reporting that they had a problem since the update, but after reading more of these posts from people with the problem it appears that all the people with the problem have the same router or ISP etc. It could have been something that changed in the SW that caused problems with the router communicating with the Hopper properly but it appears to only have affected Windstream and that specific router.

Please check out this link to Dish Support. It is not just Windstream. They admit there is a problem and don't have a fix for it.

As I've said before, I'm not going to spend hours troubleshooting only to have Dish say they are aware of the problem.

https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3641

Not a problem from Dish?? How is this "not a problem from Dish"? It worked fine until THEY did an update, and now everything still works fine EXCEPT for Dish. Are you saying that the problem is with Windstream? Does that mean that everyone with Windstream should not get Dish, or in my case, get rid of Dish? It most definitely is their problem. Whatever THEY did, THEY need to undo. Old saying down here in the south -- If it ain't broke, don't fix it! It wasn't broke until they "fixed" it. What's gonna happen the next time they do an update and it knocks out some other ISP's customers?

No more passing the buck. Fix it Dish!

Broadband is up and running, no thanks to Dish. I got yet another 1704, and this time it worked. After a little tweaking with my settings I got everything up and running. I know I said I'd wait and let Dish fix it, but let's be serious -- It would be one heck of a long wait. I seriously doubt that any "techs" were actually working on the problem. There just wasn't enough of us to make it worth their while. All I know is that if they were, they weren't keeping us very well informed of their progress, if any. Oh well, gonna go play with my "On Demand" now while I can. No telling when the next "update" is coming that will knock it out again.

Not mine. I have S238 and still have internet connection problems. Never an issue before. It always worked. Now it say's it's connected in the Broadband menu but server and something else (can't remember off-hand) say's failed.

-Todd

So I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain that I'm not, but I believe S238 has the dhcp ok server internet failed fix in it.

Not mine. I have S238 and still have internet connection problems. Never an issue before. It always worked. Now it say's it's connected in the Broadband menu but server and something else (can't remember off-hand) say's failed.

-Todd

This fix was for some isps and as far as I know they are still working the issue. Who is your ISP and what router?

Mine are still not functional. Windstream. Speedstream 4300.

Well, I just send a PM to Engineering about this. I'm still plagued by this problem...... On Comcast with Negear router.

-Todd

Well, I just send a PM to Engineering about this. I'm still plagued by this problem...... On Comcast with Negear router.

-Todd

Yeah I always used Netgear never had issue I know that model has been replaced with the WNR1000. Have you tried powering off then turn it back on to see if the Hopper see the connection and if it stays? Might see if they have any firmware updates for that model but they might not since it's been replaced.

How's the progress on this issue? I'm still waiting for the broadband functionality to return. Am I alone with this problem lingering or are others still experiencing it?

You're not alone...

My Hopper is hardwired to my router and my broadband at the Hopper is usually inop, but my computers connected to the same router have working broadband.

Just now I looked on the Network Setup screen and was happy to see three green OKs. But not so fast, in the couple of minutes I had that screen up:
DHCP Acquired stayed green OK
Server connection went to red Failed
Internet connection went to red Failed

You're not alone...

My Hopper is hardwired to my router and my broadband at the Hopper is usually inop, but my computers connected to the same router have working broadband.

Just now I looked on the Network Setup screen and was happy to see three green OKs. But not so fast, in the couple of minutes I had that screen up:
DHCP Acquired stayed green OK
Server connection went to red Failed
Internet connection went to red Failed
same problem here i have 238 with wifi. tried hardwire still nothing . i did access dishanywhere. but that was a brief time. I have a lnksys router with wildblue for my isp

Still an issue with me, too. I PM'd DIRT and they said it would be fixed in an upcoming update. I'll believe it when I see it.

-Todd

Good news! S244 seems to have fixed my broadband connectivity! I now have Game Finder and On Demand functional again! Check yours for the update and Internet connectivity.

Good news! S244 seems to have fixed my broadband connectivity! I now have Game Finder and On Demand functional again! Check yours for the update and Internet connectivity.

That's great news. I know you and others have been fighting that for TOOOOOOO long!!!!!:)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

It appears fixed for me. I finally have broadband connectivity after getting S244. We'll see how long it lasts this time.

-Todd

I have S244, yet no solution for me...same issue.
I signed up last October and just didn't worry about it. Now I'm ready for my full service that I'm paying for.
The tech is coming out tomorrow. I told them that I thought it was s*itty to make a tech work on Sunday, but he said that he would be working anyway, and that it was no problem to send him out.

I do not agree with Dish making these guys work on Sundays. Give a man a break, why don't you? Demand can't be that bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)