No BS. DirecTV service wanted w/HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

XTG

Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
Houston 77034
Can I buy my own dish, receiver, and not enter into a contract? I could do this as a new customer or have mom n pop do it since their D* contract is up next month. Yay or Nay. :up

Oh don't worry, Directv is not the "one" with all the "bs and drama". Can't mention it here, but for sure its not DTV :)

Can I buy my own dish, receiver, and not enter into a contract? I could do this as a new customer or have mom n pop do it since their D* contract is up next month. Yay or Nay. :up

It's expensive to buy your own equipment. Virtually everywhere you can get it will be a lease, unless you get the HR21pro. Therefore, nearly all new customers are under a commitment. If your parents got new equipment and it wasn't to replace defective units, or was an upgrade of any kind, there would be a commitment there, too.

ithought you could no longer buy D* equipment, its all leased no matter where you get it from

unless you find an older unit someplace

ithought you could no longer buy D* equipment, its all leased no matter where you get it from

unless you find an older unit someplace

The HR21pro can be purchased. Virtually all other Directv branded equipment is leased.

Not sure what someone defines as expensive.

I got a brand new slimline 3 LNB dish and all the mounting hardware from a legit dealer on EBAY including the cost of shipping it for only $75.

Not sure what someone defines as expensive.

I got a brand new slimline 3 LNB dish and all the mounting hardware from a legit dealer on EBAY including the cost of shipping it for only $75.
The expensive part is the receiver, which the OP also wants to buy.

HR21Pro is $449.00, might be able to find em online for a tad cheaper, but my opinion $450 for ONE receiver and $75 for dish.. AND you wont get the $29.00 off a month of your bill for 12 months, to me wont be worth it just to avoid the contract.. so just having ONE receiver on your non-contract account, you shelled out $525.00 plus lost $348 in promotional offers.. thats a LOT of money (in my opinion) just to avoid a contract..

All the other responses aside, I don't see how the OP would be able to open a new account with Directv without getting the commitment.

Any customer with owned equipment can start service BUT they do NOT get the promotional offers.. so instead of paying $34.99 a month for choice extra, they are paying $63.99 a month from the get go.. BUT with NO CONTRACT and there will be a $50.00 activation fee..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts