No Cable TV Just internet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jagee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Do you know if charter will just give you internet with out installing cablw TV,Ive tried to ask them and alli get is will we can give you all this but they won't answer me.

Call and order cable modem service and "Lifeline basic" cable TV service. After your installed cancel the Lifeline basic service. :)

Commcast does it BUT they charge extra for the privelge of not having their crappy TV service hooked up to your house. I took the cable, to "save" $3, but have not hooked it up. The breakdown (for commcast):

Advertised: 42
I was paying 45 (WTF)
Now w tv 47 (this better include the friggin TV or I will be seriously pissed)
Now wo/tv 49 (double WTF)

The advertised price is based on info on commcasts website the day I got that call and had to take tv. I'm not happy about it, and if I had home phone service I would have switch to dial up immediately, especially after I found out they were advertising 6 mos @ 20 for new subscribers with it going to the "regular" price of 42 after that. I've been paying 45 since before they took over. :mad:

I'm willing to bet charter has something very very similar.

You won't pay ALOT more...

I have charter and it's a $10 a month surcharge for HSI only. Take into account that lifeline cable is $12-$15 and the surcharge is actually cheaper. But with lifeline basic, I get many channels (includding HD Locals) with a QAM tuner on many of the TV's and stb's now.

The good thing about the lifeline basic would be that you could use a splitter and have those channels in all the other rooms without an additional fee. You could even cancel locals with Dish to make up for some of that extra cost unless you want to record shows on a DVR.

I have Charter in SC. We've had internet only for many years. No extra service charges and we didn't have to sign up for TV service. Perhaps they have changed their policy recently, but I would be surprised that they won't want the extra customers.

i used to have charter and before i canceled, i asked if i could just get HSI. they said yes but its 10 extra bucks without it. and i was paying 49 dollars as it was. so 50 bucks for HSI and basic cable but when you cut off the cable, you pay 60. how they figure that, is unknown to me. so i cut the cable completely and went to DSL

I have 10 Meg charter for 25.00 and nothing else *D for TV no 10 fee here most areas have 10 fee. Check with local office.

DAMN! I pay 55.00 for 5 meg Charter internet and NOTHING else. To add basic cable is 15.00 extra I think. hardly worth it to me because all it is locals basically, and I already have antennas for that. :)

Charter has a lot of unadvertised specials as well, ask for the retention department, as if you were cancelling, and you will get some great deals!

Trust me, this works.

my area has a 5mb 10mb and a 16mb connections.
I am paying 57 a month for a 5mb with no tv. So in reality it would be 47 dollars if I did have tv, minus the modem lease is 44 dollars if I remember correctly.
They are doing promo packages for 6 months.
The packages are as follows:
5mb 15 dollars
10mb 35 dollars
16mb 45 dollars.

So what the crap is going on. Does anyone know their non promo prices? Am I just getting blatantly ripped off. It would seem for what I am paying I should have the 10mb connection.

Aeka, time to move on to a different company if you ask me.

I would if i could. DSL isn't fast enough around here, U-verse doesn't allow just an Internet package; you have to buy their tv. I'm locked into this monopoly.

edit: just called them and they won't budge on the price (even got my crazy wife on the phone with them). This really sucks to be stuck with this crap. I think my main problem is I don't want to get trapped in their "bundle" package. I have Satellite TV and got rid of the TV portion of cable a year ago.

Last edited:
I would if i could. DSL isn't fast enough around here, U-verse doesn't allow just an Internet package; you have to buy their tv. I'm locked into this monopoly.

You order/install UVerse TV and DSL and after 1 month you cancel the TV and you get to keep the UVerse DSL service, problem solved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)