No CBS in Lubbock Texas

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
My CBS has a black screen and it says " sorry for interruption of service no need to call we will have this channel back ASAP ". Anyone know what it's all about ? Been out since yesterday

My CBS has a black screen and it says " sorry for interruption of service no need to call we will have this channel back ASAP ". Anyone know what it's all about ? Been out since yesterday
Could be a problem in your system or it could be a problem between the station and DISH's uplink. Have you tried calling the station? Have you checked with any neighbors or relatives that have DISH?

My friend said his CBS is out too he lives less than a mile from me.

Yes. So I'm not sure what's going on. Missed amazing race last night. Just ordered OTA modules so I don't miss survivor on Wednesday in case CBS isn't fixed by then.

KLBK 13 in Lubbock was off both OTA and on Dish since sometime yesterday afternoon, came back up sometime this afternoon, still seeing some pixelation in their OTA picture.

They still had signal on the local cableco - Suddenlink - probably have a direct fiber line to them and I assume Dish picks them up OTA.

I tried several avenues of communicating with KLBK, but got absolutely no response (Twitter/Facebook, email) until 4:30 pm today the GM of the station responded to my email saying they had technical issues and were on a low power signal.

It must have been WAY low because I am about 5 miles from the transmitter and pull them in with a CM 4228 (old style) and neither of my Tivos nor either of my Hopper OTA tuners could get enough signal to assemble a picture.

As an after thought, they may have been totally down and are on low power now - thus the pixellation I still experience occasionally.

Signal strength on my Hopper Tuner is 75, whereas OTA strength has been right at 100 on this channel earlier.

My Dish signal on 013-00 still pixellates occasionally, but OTA the picture is almost unwatchable - drop-outs and macro-blocking, the picture is right on the edge of the cliff and falls off too often.

Maybe I need to put my Winegard HDP-269 pre-amp back in the mix until KLBK gets back to full power.

I'm going to have to set up my Tivos to record the CBS evening block I always watch on Sunday night if they aren't re-runs.

Could be a problem in your system or it could be a problem between the station and DISH's uplink. Have you tried calling the station? Have you checked with any neighbors or relatives that have DISH?
I realize it's been resolved at this point, but if the receiver is displaying the message he indicated, it's without question an issue somewhere other than his receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)