No Center ice package on FIOS????

RedAce

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
Help does any one happen to know for sure that Fios does not have sports packages like the MLB package NBA package NHL center ice package???
I was told when i got it that they did have these but that they were not printed on the channel list that was given to me because they had not yet updated them. Well i was so sick of Optimum cable cablevision that i switch and i am VERY VERY happy i did BUT now i am being told that they do not carry these sports packages!!!

Well i NEED my NHL package so anyone know for sure about this?
I write and call Verizon and get different answers.

OK any help thanX

First of all they don't list it on their website.

Packages & Prices

There is a couple of broadband forums that say they may get them in the future. I don't know where they got their info from, so don't take it for good theory. still looking

From Verizon FIOS TV Service As far as I know, nothing has changed since this was posted.

One big drawback with Verizon FIOS TV is the issue with InDemand. InDemand is a company that offers the two InHD channels along with PPV On Demand titles and many of the Sports subscriptions. InDemand is partly owned by several of the top cable companies such as Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks, Comcast Cable among others. Because of this they are pulling some unfair pricing tactics that are keeping DirecTV and Dish Network from offering the two InHD channels but these tactics are hurting Verizon more as its not just the two InHD channels but the sports subscriptions as well.

DirecTV and Dish Network have deals in place for the sports packages while Verizon is a new entrant without a deal so they are getting the hard end of the stick. I expect this to be handled quicker than most think but until that time the following channels and packages aren't on Verizon FIOS TV.

The two InHD channels of course.

Sports Packages include the following below.

MLB Extra Innings.
NBA League Pass.
NHL Center Ice.
Nascar InCar.
MLS Direct Kick.

Until this InDemand issue gets cleared up these sports packages listed above and the two InHD channels will "not" be offered on Verizon FIOS TV.

FIOS is in no hurry to add these channels - they care nothing about them or other sports channels like CSTV or Big Ten.

FIOS TV has been around for almost 3 years now - and still no sports packages other than ESPN's gameplan.

If you want Center Ice, or any of the other sports packages, look elsewhere.

Their management is run by fools.

While it would be nice to see those packages, I don't agree with your assessment of the management. Those are not deal breakers to the majority of subscribers.

Let's face it, FiOS is not looking to gain subs by getting people who have rabbit ears. They want to take subs away from cable and satellite and they're doing it based on price. While an avid sports fan would have a hard time understanding this, most people don't give a rats ass about sports. If VZ starts throwing money all over for it, they're going to lose that pricing edge. So, with the exception of the RSNs, I can't see them killing themselves for any package that's going to force price increases to everyone.

And that could wind up being the case, since MLB is requiring carriage of their new channel and wants plenty of money for it.

I'm in NJ and I'm using BEV for Centre Ice. Much better coverage than US based services when you add in TSN and CBC. Plenty of HD, too, with four HD channels for Centre Ice this year. They also offer the NASCAR package, Sunday Ticket and Extra Innings with lots of HD. In fact, I don't even need Sunday Ticket. I get the Boston and Seattle networks in HD so I get all the top games every Sunday when combined with the NYC feeds via FiOS.

Whats BEV?? I am on Long Island and as i mentioned i had Cablevision and well i REALLY do not want to switch back.

OK please let me know what you mean by BEV??

If you want Center Ice, or any of the other sports packages, look elsewhere.

Their management is run by fools.

Although I love my Lightning games and I can give or take the Bucs football games. I am not a huge sports fan. Maybe Fios is catering to the movie lovers and not the sports fan? I mean, there is a well known fact that basic cable pricing is as high as it is because everyone is paying for ESPN whether they watch it or not. I would probably get Center Ice if I lived outside my metro that plays all the games, but I do live in my metro and get all my Lightning games on Sun, Vs, or other channels.

I can't wait until FIOS comes to St. Petersburg. My mother has it in Pasco and they get a lot more content across the board other than these sports packages compared to BHN or Dish, to which I subscribe.

It is about time somebody caters to somebody other than the sports fans. So one man's fools are another man's treasure. Outside of these sports PPV packages, the "fools" have done a great job of brining the audience what they want with HD, movies, On Demand, national SD channels, etc.

From what everybody says on these boards, DirecTV is the true leader in sports, so it makes since that Verizon is going after other niches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts