NO CE's Tonight Except the HR24

I got notification that there was a software update,did my update(obviously backwards to the national release),& then this thread shows up after the damage was done. At least I didn't lose MRV viewing.

I got notification that there was a software update,did my update(obviously backwards to the national release),& then this thread shows up after the damage was done. At least I didn't lose MRV viewing.

What damage ?

I'm relatively sure we'll have one next week, very rare that D* would go two weeks without one.

What damage ?

I'm relatively sure we'll have one next week, very rare that D* would go two weeks without one.

"Damage was done" was a sarcastic figure of speech. I meant I erased all of the CE firmware updates released after the last national release & now have to start all over from scratch. To be honest,I can't tell the difference between CE firmware & National release firmware. I still have MRV(I just used it this morning) & I don't notice anything missing that wasn't there before,so "no harm,no foul."

"Damage was done" was a sarcastic figure of speech. I meant I erased all of the CE firmware updates released after the last national release & now have to start all over from scratch. To be honest,I can't tell the difference between CE firmware & National release firmware. I still have MRV(I just used it this morning) & I don't notice anything missing that wasn't there before,so "no harm,no foul."

Thats because the National Release is not too far behind at this point.

When it is searching for software, the numbers in the upper right will show the current firmware version on your receiver. If it finds an earlier version, just do a "red button reset" before the download reaches 90% and it will keep your current version.

The HR24 is already in the CE process?
Doesn't sound to reassuring that its truly better then the others.

With a different processor, the firmware isn't quite as mature as on the other HR2x DVRs.

I suspect that with them rolling out in selected areas, they need a NR very soon to support the customers who are getting them (I don't know what version they are shipping with, but it probably has some issues compared to the CE version). This CE is labeled as a "customer candidate" but they may or may not release it without further changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)