No CFP in 4K?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I noticed Direct (along with a few others) was offering a 4K version of the National Championship game tonight. No mention of Dish. How much longer before things like this become the norm on Dish?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I noticed Direct (along with a few others) was offering a 4K version of the National Championship game tonight. No mention of Dish. How much longer before things like this become the norm on Dish?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DISH does not have a 4K contract with ESPN at this time. The game is telecast by ESPN so until there is a new contract that includes it we won’t see it. I hope we will see it sooner than later.

Just an FYI, the 4K on Directv is showing just the SkyCam feed from the game.
I have a post about this in the Sports section ...
This is a terrible choice by espn.
If you want to showcase your 4K (maybe they don't want to) you show the MAIN Feed first, so everyone has a chance to watch the Game.
If you have another 4k channel, THEN you can play with the gimmick channels.

All they have shown tonight is the Skycam, which is nice for awhile, but I wouldn't want to watch the whole game that way.

Last edited:
Just an FYI. There are very few fully 4K production trucks out there. Most have a few cameras and a playback or two in full 4K but the video switchers up until recently couldn't broadcast a full 4K show. (Not enough bandwidth)
Here's a recent article on one of the first full 4K trucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts