No channels on V polarity

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you are looking to receive the channels on 36E Eutelsat W7 you need a Universal LNB not circular( except one channel). If you want 36E Eutelsat W4 then you need a circular LNB. I suspect the break up you get is the losses trying to get L&V using a circular LNB.

If you are looking to receive the channels on 36E Eutelsat W7 you need a Universal LNB not circular( except one channel). If you want 36E Eutelsat W4 then you need a circular LNB. I suspect the break up you get is the losses trying to get L&V using a circular LNB.

Pedro,

Hey my friend, that was a good call! After looking at the Lyngsat tables for this satellite, I see what is going on here. These two birds are rather strange compared to what we are accustomed to here in N.A.

To receive both of these sats (W4 and W7) properly, you have to have a linear and a circular LNBF. Not only that, but the linear side has to be UNIVERSAL! Whoa!

Personally, I think I would set up a dual dish system to get the best reception on all bands. That is just my opinion.

Flighttothemoon,

I hope you understood what Pedro found here. You have to have a couple of different LNBF types to get all the transponders to come in on the two satellites at 36.0E. That threw me for a loop! It is not exactly what we have over here in N.A. as a standard. Most of our satellites here are fairly standardized, with a few exceptions. They don't often mix up the frequency bands and circular/linear polarities that way here.

RADAR

Thanks Radar and I agree dual dish has to be the way to go. I don't think anyone manufactures a circular and universal LNB similar to the NA invacom

In Cyprus I watch English football on a Russian FTA channel on 56E using an ex Dish circular LNB. An extra dish for 1 channel but it cheaper than Sky sports subscription.
Regards

I've had that happen before H polarity fine but V polarity had either weaker (lower) quality or jumping numbers, my fix was to bump dish east or west to max out V polarity and monitor H to make sure I didn't go to far

I did it the same, and it helped, indeed. So, the dish obviously moved a bit because of wind. Made sure it is attached well now. Thank you everyone for your help.

I did it the same, and it helped, indeed. So, the dish obviously moved a bit because of wind. Made sure it is attached well now. Thank you everyone for your help.

Flighttothemoon,

You are welcome for any assistance my input provided you. It is always fun to help another troubleshoot in this way! The more we do so, the more we learn for ourselves. So, it is a benefit to anyone who gets involved.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts