No DD5.1 on DVR Recordings

Do you have it properly set in the DVR? I either get 5.1 or every now and then 2 channel.
What would "properly set" be? There are only three audio settings that I am aware of decoder, leveling, and mode, which are all set for optimum audio. But, there is nothing DVR-specific. I get LiveTV in DD5.1, when available. Just no DVR recordings in DD5.1.

Also, my DVR recordings playback at a much lower volume than Live TV. Does anybody have that symptom with their Hopper/HWS? It's quite annoying when stopping recordings, which I've had to goose volume up, to have the sound suddenly blaring from Live TV.

What about SD vs HD volume? I notice SD louder, as well. I've compared the HD and SD versions of the same channel, apples to apples, and SD is louder.

SD is usually going to be louder. I cannot remember the exact menu terminology, but one setting would have the Hopper decode, and the other would pass thru.

My recordings off of the Hopper are 5.1. A perfect example, for me, to notice it is my recordings of Game of Thrones. Great surround, quite often. I do not have a volume difference between live recordings and recorded ones. The only time I get a volume difference is when I rarely select an SD channel, they boom.....

Judging from others' experiences, I think my Hopper audio may be borked.
I really hate getting a replacement because of the danger of losing recordings during transfer.
But, this audio thing is annoying. Perhaps I'll wait until the next SW update, and see if that helps, before going the replacement route.

Judging from others' experiences, I think my Hopper audio may be borked.
I really hate getting a replacement because of the danger of losing recordings during transfer.
But, this audio thing is annoying. Perhaps I'll wait until the next SW update, and see if that helps, before going the replacement route.

Gary,

You and I are on the same software.... ;)

As others have said, I get 5.1 on my HWS and Joey whether they are playing live or recorded content. Some HD channels do seem to only broadcast in DD 2.0 but the only time I ever get PCM stereo is from SD channels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts