No Dish NetworK Service For You!

afoulk

Original poster
Apr 18, 2007
Today I called DN to price service. I had discontinued service in May after having been a DN customer for about three years. The price of my service had become a bit more than I was comfortable with, and I thought that I would make my family deal with rabbit-ear programming for a few months when everyone should be enjoying the wonderful outdoors. My plan was to price providers again before football season began. So this evening, I called Dish Network. Very quickly the CSR informed me that I would only be allowed to have service if I purchased hardware first from a local retailer. I had already figured that D*TV service would be cheaper but I was willing to pay a few dollars more to eliminate a new installation, since my DN Dish is still hanging on the house. I was shocked that DN would not be anxious to get a new commitment from me. Now the decision is simple. Has anyone experienced this before? I'm not sure if I feel more confused at the DN response or angry.

Today I called DN to price service. I had discontinued service in May after having been a DN customer for about three years. The price of my service had become a bit more than I was comfortable with, and I thought that I would make my family deal with rabbit-ear programming for a few months when everyone should be enjoying the wonderful outdoors. My plan was to price providers again before football season began. So this evening, I called Dish Network. Very quickly the CSR informed me that I would only be allowed to have service if I purchased hardware first from a local retailer. I had already figured that D*TV service would be cheaper but I was willing to pay a few dollars more to eliminate a new installation, since my DN Dish is still hanging on the house. I was shocked that DN would not be anxious to get a new commitment from me. Now the decision is simple. Has anyone experienced this before? I'm not sure if I feel more confused at the DN response or angry.

Yeah, I think Dish has some sort of period you have to be disconnected before they will let you sign back up.

like already mentioned above. use your wifes name and a new phone number like her cell phone as long as you connect the box through an Ethernet port instead of the phone line. also use a new email address. worked for me ;)

A funny thing happened on the way to Cmcast!

Yesterday, I pulled the plug on scheduling Cmcast for an istallation after they gave me a decent deal for 6 months. I figured that I could re-evaluate everything later. Then.........Dish N cold calls my house offering my wife some decent incentives to re-activate my account. She requested that they call back at 7:00PM so that I could speak with them. I was shocked when I found out about it. First they tell me that I'm not allowed to have Dish service, then they call back and offer decent incentives. Well, just when I was willing to re-think my Cmcast decision, they never call back. Evidently the individual that called yesterday was from "customer retention." They left no way for me to contact them. I'm amazed. Its like they just would prefer to not have my money.

Yesterday, I pulled the plug on scheduling Cmcast for an istallation after they gave me a decent deal for 6 months. I figured that I could re-evaluate everything later. Then.........Dish N cold calls my house offering my wife some decent incentives to re-activate my account. She requested that they call back at 7:00PM so that I could speak with them. I was shocked when I found out about it. First they tell me that I'm not allowed to have Dish service, then they call back and offer decent incentives. Well, just when I was willing to re-think my Cmcast decision, they never call back. Evidently the individual that called yesterday was from "customer retention." They left no way for me to contact them. I'm amazed. Its like they just would prefer to not have my money.

Call the regular E* customer service number and ask for retention. Tell retention someone called yesterday when you weren't home and that you would like to pursue the discussion. They should have your phone number/account in their list already.

I have seen this so many times...Dish tells us(my company) 18 months....if a customer disc service they dn't qualify for another promotion for 18 months, meaning that they have to purchase there new equipment then they can "reactivate" there old plan w/out any promotions. I think it's a issue that Charlie needs to address. I mean they are virtually turning away money. I can understand that they don't want the "snowbirds" or the ones that go back and forth just for the promotions but they have to draw a line or something they are getting the etf....so what's the big deal?????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts