No Dishwire, now no OTA Guide Data?

Phil T said:
DMA = Designated Market Area

That Nielson thing that screws most of us out of getting distant nets. :D
Yeah - I just lost my ABC distant East, West & Denver feeds that I've had since the BUD days because of the Colorado Springs ABC affiliate - KRDO. They yanked the feed right in the middle of prime time last Sunday night. Still have the other networks, tho, and added C.S. locals. It's all just nuts.

(Thanks again for that disc Big D)

SimpleSimon said:
Yeah - I just lost my ABC distant East, West & Denver feeds that I've had since the BUD days because of the Colorado Springs ABC affiliate - KRDO. They yanked the feed right in the middle of prime time last Sunday night. Still have the other networks, tho, and added C.S. locals. It's all just nuts.

(Thanks again for that disc Big D)

In my case, it was only the local ABC station granted my distant network waiver request. Ironic, isn't it. (ABC, NBC, and CBS are ALL network O&O, BTW.) The only denial I could understand was Fox, and they're the only one I actually wanted! (Saturday baseball from NY.)

GaryPen said:
In my case, it was only the local ABC station granted my distant network waiver request. Ironic, isn't it. (ABC, NBC, and CBS are ALL network O&O, BTW.) The only denial I could understand was Fox, and they're the only one I actually wanted! (Saturday baseball from NY.)
Yeah - again, it's all nuts. I'm waiting to see if I get any waivers from KRDO. If not, I'll start writing letters to the local advertisers. It probably won't do anything, but at least I'll feel better being a thorn in their side.

Here here...

vicw said:
Given their early leadership in HD, I've been hanging on to Dish, waiting to see some positives on the 921 implementation, but if Dish won't provide the OTA Guide info on the 921, that is the final straw that will definitely push me over to DirectTV or Cox.

Ditto...mine will be available on Ebay in ~ 1 hour...it's already there, just waiting for the clock to reach the right time to start...24 hours from now, I'll be done with my 921. V* or D* will be getting my business within 6 months. As soon as I know the lay of the HD-DVR land (3-6 months, I expect), I will sell my 811 and move on. Sad, really and truly.

Dish is definately ignoring me about the OTA question. I have asked a few times with a few questions and all questions have been answered EXCEPT for the OTA Guide question.

Something does not smell right.

Letter to DIsh:
Question: I want to know if you will credit me for the unused portion of my years commitment.
I request this as I had only committed to another year as I was planning on buying a DVR Dish 921.
Since you miss advertised this product as having a future Dishwire feature. The 921 now is not the product you advertised and I do not wish
to stay with dish. I feel it fair that you would credit me for the unused potion of the year. And let me leave Dish at no cost to me.
Please advice the cost to me to switch to direct TV, I believe since you have breached your 921 contracts. I am under no obligation to honor my contract to you.
Response
Dear Mr. Watson,

Thank you for your e-mail. I have taken the time to read your e-mail as well as review your account and apologize for the delay in replying to your inquiry. Unfortunately annual programming is non-refundable and non-transferrable. I realize that you've encountered an inconvenience at the same time if you disconnect your account you will not receive a refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this mya have caused. The 921 receiver should be available as soon as any glitches have been fixed.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,
Erika R.
Executive Office of Dish Network

E-mail: erika.rodriguez@echostar.com

as soon as any glitches have been fixed how old is this ? Glitches have been since day one on this thing and whatever they fix breaks 2 other things false advertise there features aka dishwire now possibly no ota guide my god i herd of generic responses but this takes the cake

Isn't it wonderful how the boneheads that reply to your letters never read your content? You weren't bitching about the LACK of a 921, but the unavailibility of Dishwire. I've sent too many of these letters to count and I always get a bogus reply that has nothing to do with my content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts