No DVR button on Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bha19

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
On my Hopper 3 when I hit the menu button it would show Prime Time Anytime and DVR icons. Now the DVR icon is gone. I can go to PTA and then stop a program I am watching and the DVR option will be on the screen then with other options. Where did the DVR icon go? I tried Upgrade software but no luck there either.

It was a recent software upgrade that removed the DVR. H301 turned the Hopper 3 into a non-DVR receiver. :biggrin
Just kidding, of course, since DVR functionality obviously still works. However, that DVR icon did get removed from the main menu on all Hopper and Wally models, unfortunately. :(

Reactions: charlesrshell
Bha19; if you don't follow other threads. It feels weird, but I will copy and paste my own response from a different thread. (in case you are using a universal remote).

I am pretty confident Dish will bring dvr button back. Many subscribers use Harmony or other universal remotes. Watch the next update.
I will repeat myself. (Some clever member's suggeston.).

Press the equivalent button on remote for home/down/left. Now, 'sell all' is highlighted. Press select. DVR are listed.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I will copy and paste my own response from a different thread.
And I will do the same. ;)

I do not have such confidence. In fact, I am pretty confident of the opposite opinion: Dish will stubbornly refuse to bring the DVR icon back to the main menu. I would make a bet on that, but I have lost such bets in the past. ;)

That's funny, that's exactly what I did with all of my Hopper equipment. (I am ViP now.) :biggrin
I am sure you meant "See All." ;)

The number of threads on this issue just goes to show how many users actually use this icon that Dish apparently thought nobody would notice or miss. Unfortunately, it also shows that these same people do not bother to search the forum before posting a new thread. :(
Losing your DVR button must be very disconcerting. ;)

Losing your DVR button must be very disconcerting. ;)
They better not take my red record light off my Hopper/sling or I will really be pissed.
wizard of oz steam GIF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)