No Episodes Available?

SpringerTigger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
Central Iowa
It's Saturday evening and I have nothing more exciting to do than to catch up on some of my recordings. I have a Hopper 3 and 4 Joeys. A week ago, I had an adventure replacing a Joey that died. Tonight, I'm watching with that replacement Joey. When I click on my DVR, it says that my Hopper3 is 26% full. It shows the icons for all my recordings. When I select any recordings from a series it says "No episodes available." I've looked at series with everything from 1 episode recorded to another series with 33 episodes recorded. They all say, "No episodes available." I have a movie recorded. It seems to play fine. It's just not what I wanted to watch tonight. I rebooted the Hopper. Any ideas?

I just did a chat with Dish. I cannot access any tv programs that I've recorded, only movies. He tells me that he will send it to their engineers and if they happen to find a solution, it may appear in a future software update. Thank you for being a valued customer. End of chat. I'm sitting here totally stunned.

My hopper has lost some of my recordings. My prime time anytime has shut down also

Another Dish chat. This guy was a supervisor - much more empathetic than the first. He offered me $5/month for 6 months to cover 2 months of DVR fees. No one else has ever reported this problem. (Lucky me) The engineers will try to reproduce it. If they can solve it, it may be addressed in a later software update.

I just did a chat with Dish. I cannot access any tv programs that I've recorded, only movies. He tells me that he will send it to their engineers and if they happen to find a solution, it may appear in a future software update. Thank you for being a valued customer. End of chat. I'm sitting here totally stunned.
That is TOTALLY absurd and NOT an acceptable answer! Why not at least replace the Hopper? I'm assuming it has rebooted since this happened?

It's Saturday evening and I have nothing more exciting to do than to catch up on some of my recordings. I have a Hopper 3 and 4 Joeys. A week ago, I had an adventure replacing a Joey that died. Tonight, I'm watching with that replacement Joey. When I click on my DVR, it says that my Hopper3 is 26% full. It shows the icons for all my recordings. When I select any recordings from a series it says "No episodes available." I've looked at series with everything from 1 episode recorded to another series with 33 episodes recorded. They all say, "No episodes available." I have a movie recorded. It seems to play fine. It's just not what I wanted to watch tonight. I rebooted the Hopper. Any ideas?
Did all your timers disappear?

That is TOTALLY absurd and NOT an acceptable answer! Why not at least replace the Hopper?
You were watching from the Joey - do you see the same thing with missing episodes from the Hopper itself? I've had some strange issues with missing episodes myself, but in most cases a reboot has resolved it for me.

The timers are all still there. The problem is the same when I to the hopper itself. I did a reboot before I contacted Dish. The reps each had me do a couple more. I just checked and the problem persists this morning after the overnight "update". It worked Friday evening. I wonder if whatever happened happened during the Friday night "update ". Upon investigation, I can access programs through the PTAT interface, but if I try to access the same program through the DVR Recordings screen, I get "No episodes available." Unfortunately, my quilting shows are not available through PTAT. ;-)

I think that I will stick with my HWS. Hopefully, Dish will take their CUI and stick it where the sun don't shine. Please fix the software before downloading it to the masses (me).

The timers are all still there. The problem is the same when I to the hopper itself. I did a reboot before I contacted Dish. The reps each had me do a couple more. I just checked and the problem persists this morning after the overnight "update". It worked Friday evening. I wonder if whatever happened happened during the Friday night "update ". Upon investigation, I can access programs through the PTAT interface, but if I try to access the same program through the DVR Recordings screen, I get "No episodes available." Unfortunately, my quilting shows are not available through PTAT. ;-)
I would contact Dish again & have them send out a tech ASAP, there's a warranty on the equipment & if he can't get it working right they need to replace it. No excuse for not being able to watch the recordings on the dvr, that's why you have it.

Reactions: xfoneguy
My problem started yesterday after 6 weeks on no EHD problems. I have 3 EHDs connected to the H3. EHD1 is fine . EHD2 won't allow me to watch 20% of the icons. EHD3 won't allow me to watch all the programs. The Icons are all there and populated . However the unwatchable ones when highlighted have no program description on the right side of the screen. When selected to watch, they say this program is available to record. A reboot does not always solve the problem. Dish's technical support are saying you can only have 1 EHD. I asked for advanced technical support and have a technician scheduled. I hope the problem is there when they come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)