No Fox news?

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
My brother in law lives in Corpus Christi. His mother lives in central Wisconsin. He is retired. He comes up to help his mom (92) for 3 months a year. He has a fifth wheel. With a tailgater. Uses a VIP211 I believe. With a external Hard drive. He get all channels except the ones that are on the Transponder Fox news channel is on.. LOS is pretty open. Any remedies you can think of. Thanks.Uses OTA ant for locals as spot beam keeps his Texas locals out of bounds.

Reactions: my3son
For locals he can get whatever the ones are for where he is. He just has to call dish tell them he is in a motorhome and his location. They will turn those locals on. Not sure why only one transponder isn't bring received.

Are you talking about Fox News, channel 205, that is missing?

What does check switch look like?

For locals he can get whatever the ones are for where he is. He just has to call dish tell them he is in a motorhome and his location. They will turn those locals on. Not sure why only one transponder isn't bring received.
Um, you're confusing the Fox network vs the Fox News Channel. Owned by the same people, but totally different channels.

Last edited by a moderator:
The western arc 129 sat where Fox News lives in HD (TP 17) is only at about a 25 degree elevation from central WI, and the 119 sat for the SD feed (TP 6) is at about 30 degrees. Does his Tailgater have a clear view at those elevations? Is his guide set to list HD only?

Um, you're confusing the Fox network vs the Fox News Channel. Owned by the same people, but totally different channels.
I'm not confusing anything maybe you are? He said they could not get their locals because of being out of the spotbeam. My answer fixes that so that they can get the locals of where they are via satellite. I then answered the question on why he can't get Fox News or anything on that transponder. My answer to that was I don't know why.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The Fox News channel is on 129, transponder 17. There are several other channels on that same transponder. They include Comedy 107, Life 108, Food 110, HGTV 112, and FX 136. If he receives any of these channels he should be receiving Fox News as well. Because he is using a Tailgater he is locked into western arc only. If he is not receiving those channels I would check to see if he is receiving 129 at all. A check switch will tell him that.

I'm not confusing anything maybe you are? He said they could not get their locals because of being out of the spotbeam. My answer fixes that so that they can get the locals of where they are via satellite. I then answered the question on why he can't get Fox News or anything on that transponder. My answer to that was I don't know why.
Oops, sorry. My bad.

He is receiving other channels on 129. But all channels on the transponder that fox news is on are not coming in. Tunes to Fox news channel gets a frame of a picture it freezes and that's it.

The western arc 129 sat where Fox News lives in HD (TP 17) is only at about a 25 degree elevation from central WI, and the 119 sat for the SD feed (TP 6) is at about 30 degrees. Does his Tailgater have a clear view at those elevations? Is his guide set to list HD only?

He is receiving other channels on 129. But all channels on the transponder that fox news is on are not coming in. Tunes to Fox news channel gets a frame of a picture it freezes and that's it.

Those two things would point to not getting a good enough signal from that transponder.

I think the next thing is a bigger Dish. The tailgater is 9 inchs I think. Has limits I would guess. He is in a wooded area. But that really should not be the reason if all others come in. Thanks all for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts