No free HBO/Starz with absolute?

robk299

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
Cahokia, IL
I didn't see this on Satguys, maybe I missed it, but when I tried to sign up for the free three months, I was told, through chat, the following:

(23-12-3) Jeremy B.: I'll be happy to help you with your request today. Unfortunately to qualify for that package you would need to have qualifying programming, which the HD Absolute does not qualify for.

That sucks, because I thought everyone was eligible.

I have Absolute and Free HBO/Starz also

I have Absolute and free HBO/Starz,The CSR you talked to was uninformed.Try again.I was even able to do HBO /Starz again after having it 1 time before(this time with no committement).I know its frustrating .Good Luck.

I'm confused.. are you trying to get three months free HBO/Starz for renewing your contract to a longer term? I'm afraid to mess with my absolute subscription for fear they'll bump me into something way more expensive to get two or three new channels

I called and received the promotion without any problems with absolute. You can go back into your promotional offers and have it set to automatically be removed when the three months are up.

I signed up online through the offers in my account settings. Try it there and see if it is one of the ones listed for you.

I have Absolute and was told the same thing when I tried to get the "Cinemax for a penny" deal a few months ago. They told me that Absolute didn't qualify. I asked for a supervisor and he told me the same thing. I guess Absolute customers are second class citizens.

I have Absolute. I have Cinemax for a penny and HBO/Starz free for 3.

Try again.

You guys give up too easily, and apparently you're too lazy to read and do a little research. So what do you have? Nothing. And then you complain.

Not seeing how that can be done.

I think I started seeing at about 3 to 4 weeks before the three months were up. It said that the free period was ending in X amount of days and if I was happy and wanted to keep the channels to do nothing, and if I wanted to schedule the channels to be removed at the end o f the time to click to schedule it.

I have Absolute, and 'got' the HBO/Starz promo via an online Chat even though I've had HBO and Starz for the past two years. When I checked my account the next day, the chat rep gave me a one-time $70 credit on my bill, rather than 3 monthly credits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts