No Future For Me At Satguys

Status
Not open for further replies.

waylew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
northern WEST new york
I don't even know where to begin,my fourth or fifth attempt at trying to figure this mess out and no joy at all.I can't tell what I've read or haven't,go to first unread post doesn't,can't tell where I've posted or not.Do not like at all the avatars running down the left.I can't find any way to make anything even remotely the way I want it.So I'm afraid me and Satguys have gone our separate ways.Glad you all love it,but I for one hate it.

Give it some more time, I'll bet you get used to it.

I would also urge you to give it some time to grow on you and adjust. Scott is still working the kinks out, but i would say that he has done a fantastic job in a very short amount of time.

Reactions: rockymtnhigh
Give it some time, things are still being worked on.

But if you do decide you go to go then we are sorry to see you go... but I don't think you are going to find anywhere else with the information and resources we have here. :) (Which means we will probably see you again soon anyways!) :D

And if you can't find something ask, we are, as always, willing to help. :)

Yep, it'll take a few days to settle, as the site is adjusted, and for us to also adjust.

It would be a good idea to give all users without a defined avatar (or change the default question mark) to a mini satelliteguys G logo or something that will make the forums look much better than all the ???? going down the page.

Reactions: TheKrell
i have been a member of both this site and the other and while this site does a better job, the other is just run by a mod who seems to be a rude person telling me off on what i can and can't do about posting a follow threat that had been about WWE PPVs after the first one, which i started turned into a flame war, in which i didn't start said flame war or was involved in it. in fact, i was reminding people in the follow up thread to not flame and troll it, and guess what, the mod in question rudely told me off. so i told him off and declared myself no longer a part of that site.

anyway, i like this site new look, but i would love it more if the font was changed in the messages to the familiar font that we had on the software. other then the font, i'm cool with it, keep up the good work Scott and the gang at SatelliteGuys.US.

I don't even know where to begin,my fourth or fifth attempt at trying to figure this mess out and no joy at all.I can't tell what I've read or haven't,go to first unread post doesn't,can't tell where I've posted or not.Do not like at all the avatars running down the left.I can't find any way to make anything even remotely the way I want it.So I'm afraid me and Satguys have gone our separate ways.Glad you all love it,but I for one hate it.

There are no marks on threads you have posted in before the conversion. But, now when you post in a thread the next time you come back you will see a small version of your avatar in the lower right corner of the thread starters avatar.

Waylew,I wasn't a fan of the proposed change to xenforo,but I understand why Scott needed to do it,he is really working hard to make it the best for every member here.He is listening to everyone's feedback,so instead of leaving,give it some time,comment on what you think needs to be changed,and go from there.This is only day 2 of the change,and Scott also works,so patience is very important.

Is this the only forum you frequent? If not, odds are the others use different forum software and you adapted, right?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I think waylew is already gone. Short fuse. :(

It's his loss if he can't deal with a few days of possible issues.

I've been through upgrades at other sites, and I think this was the best (nearly seamless) one ever. Very few issues, and Scott's the fastest I've ever seen on fixing them once he's aware of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.