No Future For Me At Satguys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Address will be posted in three....two.....

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rey
Not me! I took an oath when I got hired at the post office!

I'm personally liking the new look & feel.

Has kinda been like getting a new smart phone & learning all the new features.

I love learning new tech....:)

I don't even know where to begin,my fourth or fifth attempt at trying to figure this mess out and no joy at all.I can't tell what I've read or haven't,go to first unread post doesn't,can't tell where I've posted or not.Do not like at all the avatars running down the left.I can't find any way to make anything even remotely the way I want it.So I'm afraid me and Satguys have gone our separate ways.Glad you all love it,but I for one hate it.

My first thought while reading this was, "don't let the door hit you on the way out", but that would be rude and insensitive of me. So I won't say that. What I will say is, patients my friend,,,patients. To be honest I liked the old site better too, but because of issues beyond the control of Scott, "the owner", we needed this change. I am impressed with his unyielding dedication, commitment and extreme long hours that he and his family sacrificed, working extremely hard to make this transition as painless as could be expected, for all of us. Give Scott a little more time and what is still broken I feel comfortable in saying will get fixed. In time, what ever is left not to your liking just might not be as bad as you first thought. Give this new beginning some time, and if you still cant stand it. You have my full support and blessing. I will be the first to bid you farewell. ;)

P.S. You will not find another place on the net such as this, where you can reach out to a great bunch of guys and gals for help or advice on almost any subject. There is a huge knowledge base here you shouldn't turn your back on.

My first thought while reading this was, "don't let the door hit you on the way out", but that would be rude and insensitive of me. So I won't say that. What I will say is, patients my friend,,,patients. To be honest I liked the old site better too, but because of issues beyond the control of Scott, "the owner", we needed this change. I am impressed with his unyielding dedication, commitment and extreme long hours that he and his family sacrificed, working extremely hard to make this transition as painless as could be expected, for all of us. Give Scott a little more time and what is still broken I feel comfortable in saying will get fixed. In time, what ever is left not to your liking just might not be as bad as you first thought. Give this new beginning some time, and if you still cant stand it. You have my full support and blessing. I will be the first to bid you farewell. ;)

P.S. You will not find another place on the net such as this, where you can reach out to a great bunch of guys and gals for help or advice on almost any subject. There is a huge knowledge base here you shouldn't turn your back on.

But didn't you just say it? ;)

Agreed, this site may have a new skin, with a slightly different feel, but the reality is the same content, the same people, and the same structure is present. Just a bit more white space, and a few different fonts.

This is the main reason I have stayed on here. This and one other forum I frequent both fit that description.

Last edited:
Here's a comment I made over a week ago when Scott first brought up the idea/plan to change and it's blunt, but applicable...
Yes, people dislike change -- oh well, suck it up and get over it

As in ALL media, CONTENT is the important thing. I love the analogy of the "new smartphone and getting used to it" (paraphrased for my bad memory) as posted earlier. I'm adjusting, too...and Scott has been kind enough to host a WION radio forum for quite some time, so we're "doubly adapting" and publicizing the changes for our readers, hoping to bring new ones to the site, too! I see no reason NOT to change with the times, I admire the dedication to our community here, and hope that patience will prevail with most users. When you buy a new car, you adapt. When you move you adapt, when you change jobs you adapt. Adapting is something we can all accept and maybe even embrace! The CONTENT is what builds this site, credible, usable CONTENT provided by polite users who respect each other. NO site compares to this one, regardless of specific interest. It's a one of a kind community, and it deserves our adapting and our continued contributions.

Reactions: Annie61
It takes time to get used to new layouts. I remember transitioning back in the early years of satellite forums when they first came around in around 2000. DBSDish and one before that one even cant remember the name of that one if there was one.

My first hurdle was transitioning from alt.dbs.echostar to ny first internet bulletin board at DBSDish!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Except for Rey. He never helps anyone.

Now that's just wrong!

What? 'Himself' doesn't count??

Darn you beat me to it

ku-medium.jpg

When I first logged on yesterday, I hated the new setup and kinda felt like Waylew does. Today it doesn't really seem that bad to me though, except that some of the print is small and a bit hard for me to read, but I imagine I can change font size or something and be all right with that. It's definitely an adjustment, but the upgrade is something that had to be done and I bet that once Scott has everything sorted out it's gonna be even better than before.

I hope Waylew gives it a bit more of a chance, he's helped me out on here a few times before and I'd hate to see him leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)