No Goltv on Dish?

nope - $4 per month more ... (but of course i am also getting more channels) when you factor in the sign up deals its $25 per month less expensive.

:)

The following prices are with zero discounts ..

I have the plus HD DVR ... for $72.99 per month .. + $12 sports pack + HD extra pack = $90 per month total price .. this includes HD, DVR fee's, locals etc etc

I only have one DVR on the account.

with dish a similar service would be ... Americas top 250 - $55 + $5 for locals + $20 for HD + $6 for equipment fee's = $86 total price. (i could not figure out from the website what the difference between HD gold and HD platinum was. But as i have the HD extra pack with directv - i would guess HD platinum was the equivalent)

So dish would work out to be $4 less per month for me

Well, thats pretty good then. I was afraid that I would have to go with the top package to get what I want, if I am forced to leave Dish.

Thanks for the info.

Only because I thought you might be this guy who watches a lot of soccer, and also plays poker...

I'm not quite sure at what or whom you're hinting. In truth, I don't watch that much soccer beyond Barca and Madrid matches (and if Madrid is cruising to an easy win, I can't stand to watch and I turn it off). While I generally have an idea of what's going on in Europe via highlights and news, I don't watch much other club soccer. If there's a match involving two of the Big 4 on FSC (I don't subscribe to Setanta), I'll take the time to watch. For the most part, Italian soccer bores me silly. I don't follow MLS at all. I do like watching the Champions League beyond Barca and Madrid in the knockout rounds. At the international level, I try to watch as much of the World Cup and Euro finals as possible and that's about it (important late qualifiers are worth watching). As far as poker goes, I guess I missed the whole boom a few years back. I haven't played since college in the early 1990s.

Big time soccer fan here.

I can't say where I heard this . . . mostly because I can't remember. I'm not creative enough to make this up.

But the rumor is that ESPN is going to significantly alter ESPN Classic. It's going to get rid of the reruns, change the name, and make it a soccer channel. It's going to compete with Setanta, FSC, and GolTV.

This includes going after US rights for the Premiereship, La Liga, and the Bundesliga.

They've already made a significant investment in MLS--10 years and $150 million. That alone covers half of the league's payroll. ESPN is already the go-to provider for the US Men's and Women's National Teams and the World Cup, and their excellent Euro 08 coverage (most games were live and broadcast in HD, using UK announcers who actually had a clue) got great ratings.

So if Dish knows this, and Dish knows that Gol TV's rights for the latter two leagues are expiring . . . then doesn't everyone here agree that Dish has Gol TV over a barrel?

Charlie didn't become rich by locking himself into crappy contracts.

EDIT: Here's where I heard it.

That is definitely an intriguing rumor.

Also, GolTV is launching on Time Warner cable (LA NYC among their locales). That means more alternatives for receiving GolTV in the nation's two largest (and heavily Hispanic) media markets.

Given the possibility of the ESPN scenario described above happening, it is interesting that GolTV and Time Warner still have been able to strike a deal while GolTV and Dish have not. C'mon Dish, times a wastin'. Tick tock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)