No guide info for OTA CBS, NBC, ABC

bbtkd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
Hello - I live near Sioux Falls, SD and have two HWS receivers and two Joeys. My main HWS has an additional OTA dongle. I am unable to effectively use the OTA on either receiver to schedule series because there is no guide detail for the local CBS, NBC, or ABC channels. I can schedule them on the dish receivers but want to use OTA to avoid conflicts. I do get OTA guide info for Fox and PBS and can schedule those. Why am I not getting this guide info on CBS/NBC/ABC OTA?

Second question; this OTA guide issue would be easier to work with if my two HWS receivers could have a global view of recorded shows and could pool receivers and schedules. I know I can schedule on my 2nd HWS, and each receiver can see the other, but would be nifty if my main HWS could schedule the receivers on my secondary HWS, and if it could see all of the recordings on both HWS in one screen view. Seems to me that these features were hinted to be coming at one point. Anything happening there? Thanks!

Have you called Dish or contacted Dirt about the OTAs? Further Hopper integration is supposed to happen by year's end, but we'll see.

Hello - I live near Sioux Falls, SD and have two HWS receivers and two Joeys. My main HWS has an additional OTA dongle. I am unable to effectively use the OTA on either receiver to schedule series because there is no guide detail for the local CBS, NBC, or ABC channels. I can schedule them on the dish receivers but want to use OTA to avoid conflicts. I do get OTA guide info for Fox and PBS and can schedule those. Why am I not getting this guide info on CBS/NBC/ABC OTA?

Second question; this OTA guide issue would be easier to work with if my two HWS receivers could have a global view of recorded shows and could pool receivers and schedules. I know I can schedule on my 2nd HWS, and each receiver can see the other, but would be nifty if my main HWS could schedule the receivers on my secondary HWS, and if it could see all of the recordings on both HWS in one screen view. Seems to me that these features were hinted to be coming at one point. Anything happening there? Thanks!

bbtkd,

With your first question about no info, are you just seeing the channel name (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and PBS) with No Info available or not even the titles? Have you tried rescanning in the OTA channels? If so, please try uninstalling it for 10 seconds and reconnecting it.

With your 2nd question, I will submit your request to have a global view for the recorded shows and scheduling.

OK - rescanned, and now have them. They had only showed the channel callsign and no program titles. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)