No guide info for OTA locals

I don’t get any guide data from dish on my locals if I cancel them. Including OTA. None. Not 1 hours worth of guide data in the dish guide. When I restore the locals the guide data comes back. I don’t lose any guide data on any of my out of market locals. Just the ones in my market. I understand about getting data OTA. I have one tv not connected to Dish. Just the antenna. When I remove my locals the guide data goes with them. Including OTA.
The fact is Dish HAS the guide data. In fact, it's in your receiver. Dish just refuses to use it (yes, I keep harping on it, but it's a pet peeve of mine).

Do you subscribe to locals thru Dish or get them just OTA only? Dish only furnishes guide data for locals, if you subscribe to the locals pack from Dish. That is why I got a TiVo Roamio OTA. I get guide data for all locals and sub channels with TiVo.
The bolded is not true. Many posted on here that they've dropped locals and retained guide data.

The bolded is not true. Many posted on here that they've dropped locals and retained guide data.
Correct. However, this thread is about specific locals that do not retain guide data without a subscription (maybe just on certain receivers). It is a technical issue, and someone at Dish is apparently looking into it.

Reactions: TheKrell
Correct. However, this thread is about specific locals that do not retain guide data without a subscription (maybe just on certain receivers). It is a technical issue, and someone at Dish is apparently looking into it.

Seems to be hit or miss. I have the H3 and I don't have this issue, but others with the H3 do have the issue. Bizarre.

See if he can find out why the OTA guide data for WMFD does not map to 068-01, even though Dish carries WMFD on 012-00.

Aha; that might be an important clue. Is WFMD no longer on RF12? My WETA station moved from RF26 to RF27 IIRC... The virtual channel numbers remain 26 for WETA.

Aha; that might be an important clue. Is WFMD no longer on RF12? My WETA station moved from RF26 to RF27 IIRC... The virtual channel numbers remain 26 for WETA.
WMFD's digital signal has always been on RF12, even before the nationwide digital transition was completed. The virtual channel has always been 68, since that is where the old analog broadcast used to be. Dish did not start carrying the station until after the 2009 digital transition, which is presumably why they put it on channel 12. (Directv puts WMFD on channel 68.) The OTA guide data mapping worked when Dish started carrying WMFD in 2009. Then, sometime later that year or the following year (I don't remember exactly when) the guide data stopped working on the OTA channel, and it has never been fixed since then. It is the same way on every Dish receiver with OTA that I have ever used. This is apparently a case of TSID mis-match. The TSID that the station is broadcasting must no longer match the value in Dish's OTA guide database, and Dish's database has not been updated since then. The other examples of missing OTA guide data in this thread seem to be some kind of authorization issue, since the guide data is there with a subscription to locals, but missing after locals are dropped.

WMFD's digital signal has always been on RF12, even before the nationwide digital transition was completed. The virtual channel has always been 68, since that is where the old analog broadcast used to be.

Sorry; I stated your two WFMD frequencies backwards from what actually happened. I still think this is a clue. For the record, my WETA channel was available from Dish before the transition on channel 26, though their actual broadcast frequency is now RF27.

Sorry; I stated your two WFMD frequencies backwards from what actually happened. I still think this is a clue. For the record, my WETA channel was available from Dish before the transition on channel 26, though their actual broadcast frequency is now RF27.
Similarly, the PBS station in Cleveland, WVIZ, went from broadcasting in analog on channel 25, to digital broadcasting on RF26. (virtual channel 025-01) The OTA guide data for WVIZ still works without a subscription to locals, though.

had something interesting happen with my ota guide data for the first time with H3. I am able to pull two ota cities channels in. I have the complete guide data for one of them but the other city there is not guide data at all. just the call letters and names of the networks???

had something interesting happen with my ota guide data for the first time with H3. I am able to pull two ota cities channels in. I have the complete guide data for one of them but the other city there is not guide data at all. just the call letters and names of the networks???
Is this the first time that you have received the other city's stations, or are you saying that you are now missing guide data for stations that had guide data before?

Is this the first time that you have received the other city's stations, or are you saying that you are now missing guide data for stations that had guide data before?
I am now missing guide for one of the ota cities stations I receive that I had received data on before. H3 software currently is 506..

I am now missing guide for one of the ota cities stations I receive that I had received data on before. H3 software currently is 506..
Which city are you now missing the guide data for? According to some recent uplink reports, Dish moved some OTA guide data to different spotbeams, so that may have affected you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)