No Guide Info On Locals H3

az99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2014
My locals only get 1/2 hour of guide info. That also causes the PT to not record. All other channels are fine. I tried unplug, and red button reset.

Any suggestions? Thanx

Could a low signal strength on the spotbeam allow no reception problems but cause the guide not to load?
The other odd thing is that the guide will show CBS shows on NBC channel then 1/2 hour before the show starts it changes to the NBC show.

It almost sounds like something corrupt related to your guide (data). By chance do you have the Flex pack ? Got an idea if you do....

I don't have the flex pac. I have a normal sub. This is the 1st time I changed service address with H3. I have done this exact same change of service address with my old Hoppers many times. Phila. locals to Syracuse locals.

It seems like it has maintained guide data in the memory for locals and won't allow new guide data to be downloaded.

Oh, you "moved". That is an important thing to point out.... Dish wasn't able to help when you called ? I suspect a "hit" will resolve it.

Hits did not fix it. Tried it twice. I even tried having them change the locals to a neighboring area that did not have the channel 3 NBC conflict. That did not work either. Still no guide data except 1/2 hour out.
Seems to be a problem in the Hopper 3 software for not removing guide data when service area changes.

Just a wild-*ss guess, but back to my question about the Flex pack, what about changing to it for "x" days, with no local channel package, and then add the locals a bit later ? It's the only way to drop local channels otherwise with Dish...

I'll bet if you press Dish about this, their solution will be to replace the receiver.

The suggestion in the above link worked. I unplugged the H3 for 1/2 hour and then the new guide data came on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)