No Hack Talk, At All Under Any Circumstances !!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
I do not understand why people can't read and follow the rules. We, as members take pride in this site and don't want it smeared with illegal hack talk not to mention the legallities of such discussion. It seems to be a lot more of this going on as of late. If you come in here with that purpose, then you diffidently came to the wrong site. FTA is a legatimate hobby, however hacking these feeds with FTA equipment IS NOT !!! :mad: When coming in here, respect the rules concerning hack talk and you want be banned for life from such a wonderful site. This site is a great tool for all sorts of stuff. Great for news and discussions and we want to keep it that way. Please enjoy, thank you. :)

well said! (even though we have been down this road a few times with posts like this) :)

Sadly some people can't see the THREE warnings about "no hack talk"
-when you register
-when you click on FTA area
-my sticky

but some people think that we are joking. We aren't! My favourite are the ones who post in the Dish area....are they really that stupid?

Sadly, these goobers give the true meaning of free to air a bad rap. Plus, since the fact I posts alot, these scum think I'm going to help them when they e-mail or PM me. 99% of their PM's I delete...the really good ones end up here for all to see :)

Don't get me wrong. I have a dish at 119 and one at 91. Loving the free audio channels & the radio stations :)

The Mods here are ontop of it, I banned one hacker last night within 30 seconds of him Hack Talking :)

Attachments

• groudskeeper%20willy.gif
    groudskeeper%20willy.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 161
y'all mods do a damn good job at banning. I do not tolarate thieves at work and I do prosecute them when I find them. I have no sympathy for those that wants to take advantage of a good thing.

Does this site log IP's?

What about adding a warning when you sign up to this forum stating that All hack talk is banned and that your ip and personsal information will be send to dish/bev ( or any provider who are trying to access illegally) if you violate this agreement? May not be much validity to this but at least a good scare tactic
Might sound extreme and a litle evasive, but if they agree when they sign up, then they have no reason for complaints.

the ignorance of these newbies just kills me! (yet I can't help but laugh at some of the posts, expecially the scarcasm from Iceberg :) )

Mods do a great job in cleaning the threads up and other members just need to send out the bat signal (the "i" in the top right) to alert the mods.

Last edited:
I enjoy reading the posts. Maybe supporting members could get access to the "Hall of Shame" where they have on display all of the great "Help me Steal" posts and classic Iceberg replies.

Seriously, that song with the clap clap had me laughing. I think you could put it to music. We will we will BAN YOU (stomp stomp clap...).

I identify with the original poster's sentiments, but if they don't read the first 3 warnings, they're not going to read this thread either.

instead of just banning, maybe go another step?

I'm assuming the server has their ip addresses. Those can be used to trace them down by local authorities and/or by the folks who they are stealing signals from?

I used to steal tv until I found jesus (ia5 97w 12177v sr23000)

But then Canada deemed it Illegal for me to pay for American Satellite programming (you know that grey market) So basically, the only American TV I can watch for free, are the networks on g10r (I don't have a bud, sadly)

I agree with you all, stealing is bad, and shouldn't be tolerated. I pay Bell 62 loonies a month to watch their slush, keep up the good work mods, I enjoy reading the closed posts from monkies that have no clue asking for bins ect, and how to hack.

Sooooo many people hide behind the lousy excuse that they only "TEST" or what not, well TESTING is still STEALING!!! Would they still be able to sleep at night if they realised this?

Like Iceberg mentioned, I think they think all the no hack talk speak is 'wink wink, nudge nudge'. I have co-workers who thought I was nuts for not hacking my receivers and even offered to do it for me - lol.

Some people just don't get FTA. The wild feeds / uplinks are the best part!

Das Hammer said:
I enjoy reading the posts. Maybe supporting members could get access to the "Hall of Shame" where they have on display all of the great "Help me Steal" posts and classic Iceberg replies.

Seriously, that song with the clap clap had me laughing. I think you could put it to music. We will we will BAN YOU (stomp stomp clap...).

I identify with the original poster's sentiments, but if they don't read the first 3 warnings, they're not going to read this thread either.

My favorite so far is one where a guy wrote the whole "trying to load up files, it won't work" bit, and signed off with his Ham Callsign. Within a few seconds, I had his name, address, and other fun things about him. Talk about making yourself an easy target...

scottc98 said:
Does this site log IP's?
yes it does.

What about adding a warning when you sign up to this forum stating that All hack talk is banned and that your ip and personsal information will be send to dish/bev ( or any provider who are trying to access illegally) if you violate this agreement? May not be much validity to this but at least a good scare tactic
Might sound extreme and a litle evasive, but if they agree when they sign up, then they have no reason for complaints.
you mean this? (this is what you see when you register...there are other things but this is the one that apparently people miss

NO HACK TALK!

SatelliteGuys.US is a place to discuss LEGAL ways of receiveing Satellite and CableTV programming. We have a strict NO HACK TALK policy. Persons posting information on how to hack/steal services or requesting information on how to hack/steal service will be imediately BANNED, in addition to being banned you grant us permission to share your information including email address and ip information to the proper companies security department

Das Hammer said:
for fun, just go through the threads here....if they are locked, most of them are hack posts.

I had a few songs, rhymes, poems, etc for these scum. Makes the day go along

exactly

My favorite so far is one where a guy wrote the whole "trying to load up files, it won't work" bit, and signed off with his Ham Callsign. Within a few seconds, I had his name, address, and other fun things about him. Talk about making yourself an easy target
I've had people PM me their phone number before. I know there was one who posted their e-mail asddress, yahoo IM thing and phone number.

bet I just aggravated some folks :)

Thanks for all the awesome help you guys. I have to admit, I found another forum before coming here, and it was all about "testing". I was amazed and relieved to find this place where hacking and "testing" is not put up with.

I uh won't put the link in here so no one will be tempted to follow it but anyways, I just posted in one of their more popular threads about the legalities of fta (where some are saying testing is not illegal)... I just made what will probably be my last post on their forums because I highly supect they'll ban me from that forum... whoopteedoo (haven't been posting there since I found you guys, and have no real reason or want to either)

:)

Here's what the post read that I just posted there reads:
Yep.
Modifying your receiver via software or other ways to unencrypt encrypted signals is illegal unless you are actually paying Dish, DTV, or Bell (or whever else actually legally is selling the signal to you?) for those signals.

If you want to discuss real, true FTA, and not the illegal hack junk (which some call testing), leave and go here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/forumdisplay.php?f=24

scottc98 said:
All hack talk is banned and that your ip and personsal information will be send to dish/bev

Bell doesn't give a hoot about hacking. As 1 of their former chairman said (& I paraphrase) "If they're hacking Expressvu, they're not sending money to our competitors".

One only has to look at the ISPs and real email addresses of most of the hackers - yep - Bell owned Sympatico

Jumbo Dumbo said:
Bell doesn't give a hoot about hacking. As 1 of their former chairman said (& I paraphrase) "If they're hacking Expressvu, they're not sending money to our competitors".

One only has to look at the ISPs and real email addresses of most of the hackers - yep - Bell owned Sympatico

That kind of thinking also got Bell sued as well by a cable operators in Canada. I'm surprised U.S. cable operators didn't join them in the suit as well. You would be surprised how many people actually was watching them for "free".:mad:

Last edited:
I love how some of these guys think they are all sly/sneaky and stuff. give a million hints that they are looking for hacks, and not say "Hey, I wanna hack!" like we are stupid or something.

ICE and PSB, I think you need to talk w/ Scott about setting up a Hall of Shame for hackers section in this forum. It seems these people don't get it, NO HACK TALK !!! Put them to shame on the wall of shame.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts