No HD Content on New HD channels!

light200

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
Its great and all that Dish added 22 or so HD channels, but after going through all of the new ones at various times today, it seems that most of them do not even have any HD content to offer! whats the point?! The only ones really offering HD content are ESPNEWSHD, SmithsonianHD, CNBCHD! TWCHD puts HD on every few hours, and others are just stretched content......What a joke again Dish!

Its great and all that Dish added 22 or so HD channels, but after going through all of the new ones at various times today, it seems that most of them do not even have any HD content to offer! whats the point?! The only ones really offering HD content are ESPNEWSHD, SmithsonianHD, CNBCHD! TWCHD puts HD on every few hours, and others are just stretched content......What a joke again Dish!

Old story, different day, different person complaining...people demanded HD channels and they got them...it's not E*s fault there's little hd content or it's stretched, it's the programmer's fault for launching HD channels with little or no hd content, so don't blame E*. It's the same on D* and cable.

TWC-HD goes full time HD on June 2nd, so Dish just added it a little early for marketing purposes.

MGM-HD has mostly HD content.

Travel-HD has mostly HD content.

Tennis-HD has mostly HD content.

As you mentioned, Smithsonian and ESPNews both have mostly HD content.

Disney is one of the top rated cable channels, and so is essential to have to be competitive. I'm not familiar with the current content on that channel, the two cartoon channels or ABC-Family, but it seems likely that they will have a good amount of HD content in 2008. ABC Family was showing an HD program a few minutes ago.

Bravo-HD may have HD content during the Olympics this summer (as may CNBC-HD).

I saw HD on ABC Family and Toon Disney, which is surprising. I THINK Bio is in HD right now.

Also, Travel Channel.

I'm more pleased than annoyed, which is unusual for an HD launch day. Even Cartoon Network is "properly" stretched, rather than the usual Turner distortion.

Don't be such an ass.

It's not Dish's fault. They don't control the content of the provider, they only transmit what they are fed. There has been such an outcry for more HD channels the last 6 months and now they continue to b^*ch and moan. All along there have been the reports from both D* and Cable that even though there may be a HD signal, there is very little actual HD content on most of them. It will eventually fill in, but people need to be patient.

Much Better Than Sd On A Hdtv Though!

I agree 100%. Back in the days before I had even heard of HD, I wished for a better solution that overcompressed (sd) channels. SD content over an hd channel looks great even if the source isn't hd.

OK....so what do you think Dish should do? Demand the stations broadcast more pure HD?

I know what you should do. Drop Dish and go to DirecTV and see how much more "pure" HD you're going to get.

We all want to hear what YOU suggest that needs to be done to make YOU happy.

TWC-HD goes full time HD on June 2nd, so Dish just added it a little early for marketing purposes.

MGM-HD has mostly HD content.

Travel-HD has mostly HD content.

Tennis-HD has mostly HD content.

As you mentioned, Smithsonian and ESPNews both have mostly HD content.

Disney is one of the top rated cable channels, and so is essential to have to be competitive. I'm not familiar with the current content on that channel, the two cartoon channels or ABC-Family, but it seems likely that they will have a good amount of HD content in 2008. ABC Family was showing an HD program a few minutes ago.

Bravo-HD may have HD content during the Olympics this summer (as may CNBC-HD).

These are great channels. E* needs these channels. These are great advertising channels.

Just to be "fair' why didnt you say; What a joke Direct. Seems most post lately have been that Direct had all of these HD channels and Dish did not.

In addition, the premiums that were added have substantial HD content. Disney original movies are in HD - I am sure that their orginal programming should follow soon. I am very impressed with the Smithsonian channel (although it is likely to repeat a bit)

sorry i couldn't resist...don't ban me please:

wambulance.jpg

seriously, all of the channels have GREAT HD content. Quit complaining

The Networks only have HD during primetime and some sports. Most hours of broadcast are SD by the locals stations. Dish was trying to wait on compelling content, but YOU got impatient for more hd and couldn't wait, so they gave the customer what he wants. LOts of almost HD channels. Quit your bitchin or turn off your TV.

:rolleyes: s t f u !

hahahaha, you are too funny light200.......I bet if you put your nose on your HDTV, the pic will look better!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts