No HD for ABC Games?

mraif

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 6, 2007
I know I'm not up to speed like you vets out there, but what gives? Florida State this afternoon and Ohio State game tonight not in HD? I'm watching via OTA from Orlando area...

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I know I'm not up to speed like you vets out there, but what gives? Florida State this afternoon and Ohio State game tonight not in HD? I'm watching via OTA from Orlando area...
Not all ABC games are shot HD even though broadcast on their HD channels. Just so many HD productions trucks to go around. Forget which game, but same thing was going on with Big Ten earlier.

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Not all ABC games are shot HD even though broadcast on their HD channels. Just so many HD productions trucks to go around. Forget which game, but same thing was going on with Big Ten earlier.
It seems like the reverse mirror feeds of the ABC games were in HD according to some posters on here, but some of the ABC affiliates did not show the games in HD. And I think the Big Ten game you are referring to was the Eastern Michigan - Michigan game which wasn't in HD on 9502 on Saturday, but the replay on 9500 appears to be in HD today. :confused:

howie14

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 4, 2007
Eldersburg MD
The last two weeks the 3:30 ABC game, an ACC matchup, was not in HD in the Baltimore-Washington region. Meanwhile, the ESPN/ESPN2 games at the same time were.

Like others have said, not enough trucks to go around. I would think, though, that Disney would want to put its best foot forward on ABC.

Maybe not.

JohnH

Godfather of the Uplink Reports
Oct 5, 2003
Kansas City, Missouri
Seems like many of the games have an HD and SD backhaul. Lack of trucks does not seem to be the problem. Seems likely the distribution is lacking somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts