Record to 622 external HD

rglore

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Louisville
Anyone get the record to external HD to work? The timer fires but no record light or HD activity. I'm using the new Mybook Essential 2 which works perfectly otherwise. Found this feature while installing my replacement 622.

Attachments

• ex_setup.jpg
    ex_setup.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 271
  • ex_timer.jpg
    ex_timer.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 245
Record to external device is for automated recordings to the POCKETDISH not to an external harddrive.

Anyone get the record to external HD to work? The timer fires but no record light or HD activity. I'm using the new Mybook Essential 2 which works perfectly otherwise. Found this feature while installing my replacement 622.

If you have EHD activated you can transfer from your DVR recordings to EHD, hit "DVR" button on remote control,then #4 (USB Storage).
Dan

he wants to record directly to the ehd

i saw that menu and was thinking maybe it could do it as well, but i havent read about anyone doing it on here so i guess it cant be done

you can't record directly to the EHD. have to DVR it, pay the $40 to activate EHD func, and then transfer from DVR to EHD. you can transfer back to DVR, too, if you want. the whole transfer thing is a bit slow, but happens in the background. Menu -> 4 -> 2 (to begin transfer)

you can't record directly to the EHD. have to DVR it, pay the $40 to activate EHD func, and then transfer from DVR to EHD. you can transfer back to DVR, too, if you want. the whole transfer thing is a bit slow, but happens in the background. Menu -> 4 -> 2 (to begin transfer)
Once you do have the program transferred to the external hard drive, you can watch it from there without having to move it back to the Dish box. The menu is a little slow to come up but once the program is started it is just like watching any other DVR program and the quality is the same.

I saw The Doomsday Clock the other day... good program. "The clock was changed to seven minutes to midnight"

Good ol' Ronald Reagan really saved us from the cold war. Did you ever get the program recorded? It probably isn't something you want to keep anyway so no point in recording it directly to the external. But good for one viewing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts