No HD for Regional FSN

tennisgrl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
Can someone tell me why my regional FSN HD channel (in my case FSN South) just mainly shows a Dish Network logo with music playing in the background? This week FSN is broadcasting a tennis tournament that I would have liked to see in HD. The Tennis Channel's coverage of the same tournament during the weekend was so nice to watch in HD. But, during the week, its been nothing but standard def. This is the same during baseball season as they will only show Atlanta Braves games that are at home on the HD channel. For the longest time, I just thought those were the only games being broadcast in HD, so I was surprised to see an away game in HD while I was at a family member's house who has Direct TV.

So, I guess I would like to know why Dish Network does not show this channel in HD all the time like all the other channels that have a standard definition counterpart are done on Dish Network?????

Dish only has game only (football and basketball college and pro) RSN hd. The plan is to get them to full time sometime this year. I really thought that the full time RSN hd was overrated. There was not much in hd except the games themselves. I would doubt the tennis is in hd (I could be wrong) on the full time RSN hd. Dish could fix this by telecasting the games they are SUPPOSE to in hd.

Check the HD Alt channels I noticed my didn't have a college bb game on my RSN in HD and other RSN's also (I have the multi sport pak), but found it in the HD alt. I think this is a way for E* to save bandwith by by putting the same event that's on multi RSNs in the HD Alt slot.

It's most likely because FSN itself isn't broadcasting it in HD. In many cases FSN will only broadcast certain games in HD and the rest of the time they don't feel like paying for the HD satellite time so they just go with SD, and there's no need to show that SD content on the HD channel.

It's because is Dish and not Direct. Get Direct and you will see it in HD. I watched the tennis match in HD last night on MSG+HD>

It's most likely because FSN itself isn't broadcasting it in HD. In many cases FSN will only broadcast certain games in HD and the rest of the time they don't feel like paying for the HD satellite time so they just go with SD, and there's no need to show that SD content on the HD channel.

I don't know about this FSN channel but many have some other HD shows. Dish is currently carrying only certain major Sports events from them in HD. The change announced for 24/7 HD carriage will be very welcome.

On FSN Wisconsin "most" Brewer games are offered in HD, but not all. They are always trying to add more each year. A few blackouts once in a blue moon. Overall I'm pleased with how many Brewer games are offered in HD. I feel your pain though, when it isn't HD it's harder to watch.

On FSN Wisconsin "most" Brewer games are offered in HD, but not all. They are always trying to add more each year. A few blackouts once in a blue moon. Overall I'm pleased with how many Brewer games are offered in HD. I feel your pain though, when it isn't HD it's harder to watch.

I'll admit it, I'm an HD snob....I expect all of my sports broadcasts to be in HD and am very disappointed/angry when its not. Today, I just googled 'BNP Paribas Open + FSN + HD' and got this link which does prove that some of the regional FSN channels are showing this in HD. I'm pretty sure that its being broadcast in HD b/c The Tennis Channel's coverage of it was in HD, but they only did the weekend coverage of the tournament.

DirecTV Fox Sports Northwest HD Schedule - RUWT? Sports

Just verified from a friend that has Direct TV that they are getting the tournament in HD on their FSN HD channel, so FSN is putting it out in HD and Dish is choosing not to open it up. As for paying for the satellite time so they can show SD, how would that be different from the other numerous channels that barely have any HD content on the HD channel.....like TBS, that really only shows baseball in HD.

Just verified from a friend that has Direct TV that they are getting the tournament in HD on their FSN HD channel, so FSN is putting it out in HD and Dish is choosing not to open it up. As for paying for the satellite time so they can show SD, how would that be different from the other numerous channels that barely have any HD content on the HD channel.....like TBS, that really only shows baseball in HD.

Not to worry. Tennis Channel hd and ESPN hd will televise the Miami tourny in a week or so then it is off to Europe where the Tennis Channel will rule along ESPN all the way through Wimbledon.

Not to worry. Tennis Channel hd and ESPN hd will televise the Miami tourny in a week or so then it is off to Europe where the Tennis Channel will rule along ESPN all the way through Wimbledon.

I wish that were true. The Tennis Channel is only going to be broadcasting the beginning weekend, same as they did for the BNP Paribas Open, and then it goes to FSN during the week. I think the finals will be on CBS, so at least that will be in HD. ESPN totally got out of Indian Wells and Miami in order to show basketball during March. But, yes, I will be happy once the tournaments are over and the broadcasting gets away from FSN.

I finally got a response from Dish though basically just saying that the regional FSN's aren't full time HD channels now and will only show game content for the local area. But they didn't say if there are any plans to make them a permanent HD channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts