PQ old 622/New 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mickey8648

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
My 622 crashed two days ago. Dish sent out a tech as it could not be diagnosed on the phone. Dish waived all charges for the service call. The tech replaced the 622 with a 722. There is a distinct difference in PQ with the 722. It is nowhere as sharp as the 622. Everything else in the system is the same as it was with the 622. All cables, switches etc. Everything. I know PQ can be a very subjective thing, but after two years of using the 622, I know what I saw and the 722 is not close. I have checked all the settings on the MENU and they are all correct. I am receiving a 1080I picture at 16x9, just like before, but HD looks like a good SD picture and no better. Dish was very nice and very prompt and the tech was on time and knowledgeable. I hate to gripe, but should I?

the 722 has no difference in pq. did you check the video cables, are they tight? in the right spot, and the tv on the correct input? they are hd cables?
another guess, though a longshot, is that your tv was unplugged during the receiver transfer and your saved picture quality settings on the tv may have been reset.

I went from 622 to 722. No difference. You are connected either HDMI or Component?

Bingo, my thought exactly. The Tech left it set on 480 instead of it to either 720 or 1080. menu 6-8 and make sure that it is set to either 720 or 1080 in the 2nd column. If that isn't it I would contact E* about changing out the unit due to the output isn't working correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts