NO HD Local Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wimbo4197

Original poster
Jan 7, 2019
Illinois
I travel for work and have a SWM satellite that I setup with my RV everywhere I go. I usually have no problems getting signal. But this time I got my dish dialed in and have no Local HD Channels. I do have all other channels and SD Local channels. I did some research and thought my dish had gotten warpped, so I tried a new dish and still have the same problem. My signal meters look good on all satellites.

101-96%
99ca-90%
99cb-91%
103ca-95%
103cb-95%

You should post DIRECTV related questions in the DIRECTV forums. This forum is for SatelliteGuys forum support.

Anyway, the answer to your question is that your home address HD local channels are on a focused beam that doesn't reach your current location. When you move outside your beam (perhaps >80 miles from the center), you lose signal and won't receive the channels. The signals that you see are from markets that are nearer where you're "camped out".

If you're at the distant location for a while, consider telling DIRECTV that you've moved. Give them a zip code and they'll set you up for the local channels where you are.

Perhaps not obviously, if there is anyone back home watching DIRECTV on your account, they'll be similarly screwed. If this happens, I would remind that your Customer Agreement expressly prohibits simultaneous reception at multiple addresses.

Reactions: charlesrshell
:welcome to Satelliteguys Wimbo4197!

As harshness noted, you are outside of the spotbeam for hd channels. However you are just inside of the one for sd channels, which is bigger than the one for hd channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)