NO HNIC in HD ON NHL Network US!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

peelpub94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
If you look at the tv schedule on nhl.com, for Saturday nights, you only see a CBC feed listed. Not even CBC-HD or NHLN-US HD. Is the jury still out on this or are we to assume that we've lost the HNIC on NHLN-US HD this year on Directv?

So I took a look and skipped ahead on my Directv guide to Saturday, 10/9 at 7pm on the NHLN and there is no HNIC broadcast. Just Classic Series.

I cannot believe NHL Live spends all their time today talking about home and away jersey colors but this travesty isn't mentioned.

NHL screwing US fans once again!

Why is it impossible to find any information regarding these terms? It's 2010, give us a freaking break already.

NHL Network is carrying this weekend's Detroit-Toronto game, presumably the CBC HD feed. I don't think you'll be without your HNIC fix going forward.

(EDIT: Not currently listed for the 9th on the NHL Network schedule page, but Classic Series isn't there, either.)

Last edited:
NHL Network is carrying this weekend's Detroit-Toronto game, presumably the CBC HD feed. I don't think you'll be without your HNIC fix going forward.

Thanks but there is absolutely no indicator of that anywhere. Be it on my Directv guide, NHL.com, teams websites, etc.

Man, just calm down. They haven't even released their regular season game schedule yet. You will see a press release from NHL Network before you see any games listed in the guide.

When preseason started NHLNetwork had classic games in the guide until a day or two before, and now they are all replay games or live piggy-back broadcasts.

I think they are just a bit slow in their scheduling. They have a two week out then they probably add the real games in later on.

No reason to belive we won't have one Sat night game in HD. Getting the second game like two years ago no word on that, so much less likely.

When preseason started NHLNetwork had classic games in the guide until a day or two before, and now they are all replay games or live piggy-back broadcasts.

I think they are just a bit slow in their scheduling. They have a two week out then they probably add the real games in later on.

No reason to belive we won't have one Sat night game in HD. Getting the second game like two years ago no word on that, so much less likely.

Yeah, on another forum a Fios sub has the 630pm pregame on NHLN for OCT 9th, plus the game slotted for 7pm. So that's a little reassuring. I'll keep checking the guide and report back when I have more info.

Man, just calm down. They haven't even released their regular season game schedule yet. You will see a press release from NHL Network before you see any games listed in the guide.

Ya relax. NHLCI website doesn't even have games listed for the season yet, much alone the HD schedule too.

yeah I wouldnt worry until the 6th or so if you dont see it in the guide.

I was kinda the same way for a couple college hockey games on FCS (617 & 623) this weekedn (10/2 & 3). The guide filled the 623 slot with a game but 617 still said TBA...last night 617 filled in with the games...so it takes a little bit in some cases

yeah I wouldnt worry until the 6th or so if you dont see it in the guide.

I was kinda the same way for a couple college hockey games on FCS (617 & 623) this weekedn (10/2 & 3). The guide filled the 623 slot with a game but 617 still said TBA...last night 617 filled in with the games...so it takes a little bit in some cases

Thanks for the reassurance, Ice :)

I could see where you're worried as both the DIrectv guide and the NHL Network site shows other programming...but actually I checked the nhl site right now and it shows this for Saturday

10/9
7:30 PM TBA
8:30 PM TBA
11:00 PM NHL On The Fly

so it looks like they're tweaking it still....I figured it would say 6:30 TBA because thats the HNIC pregame

I could see where you're worried as both the DIrectv guide and the NHL Network site shows other programming...but actually I checked the nhl site right now and it shows this for Saturday

10/9
7:30 PM TBA
8:30 PM TBA
11:00 PM NHL On The Fly

so it looks like they're tweaking it still....I figured it would say 6:30 TBA because thats the HNIC pregame

Stupid how it says it's NHLN Canada TV listings though which is different from NHLN-US

Love that NHL does the simulcast for Hockey Night In Canada, one of the few sports broadcasts that does not cut away during national anthem time!

The only thing missing is when they go to commericals you dont get the local commercial feel, hard to explain just a tradition thing growing up here in the Detroit area and watching straight from CBC, some nights I have fired up the basic tier cable I am required to have with comcast for internet service and watch that feed, though I lose the HD picture :(

some nights I have fired up the basic tier cable I am required to have with comcast for internet service and watch that feed, though I lose the HD picture :(

I know what you mean. I did the same during the playoffs last year; just to get the pre game and post game shows, along with Cherry and after 40 minutes.

OP:

wouldn't you rather watch Leafs vs. Panthers on saturday night on FSN-Florida with the Panthers commentators?!?..lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)