No info available........?

356B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
Northern California
I got the S425 update today and this evening my DVR schedule menu all reads, "No info available". I did a hard reboot and soft, no change. Timers are still there just no scheduled stuff. Is Hopper dying?:confused:

Try doing a check switch. That usually forces the guide to reload.

Menu->Settings->Diagnostics->Point Dish->Check Switch

Last edited:
The guide is showing info, just no the schedule in DVR. I'm recording in Prime Time and the system will not allow checking the switch while recording, or so it says..... Maybe the nightly update will fix it.

The nightly update will fix it. You can also do a check switch as I suggested earlier (once recording stops). If you do a check switch while recording, that will stop the recording.

Try doing a check switch. That usually forces the guide to reload.

Menu->Settings->Diagnostics->Point Dish->Check Switch

Check switch doesn't force a guide update on Hopper like it does on 722

Try bringing up the guide and then hit 999 browse.

Does that actually work on Hopper? I know it can on 722 didn't think it would on Hopper

The only way I know of to attempt to get Hopper to update the guide is to turn off the Hopper and all linked Joeys, red button reboot and within fifteen minutes or so check the screen saver for a message saying it is updating. It may also indicate that it is updating in the tv activity screen.

Otherwise it may update next time it's in standby or during the nightly updates

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Sorry! When I had the 622, 722, and 722k DVRs I used the check switch method to force a guide download. I just assumed that it would work for the Hopper too. Sorry for the incorrect info!

I find the Hopper downloads the guide almost any time but likes especially after 1AM.
The important thing is that the Hopper and any Joeys be inactive and preferably "off" or in standby.
When the Hopper is turned "off" it will start the download within say 3 minutes.
This may be invoked several times any night, each time you look and go to standby.
It doesn't recognize that it was just done.

What you would like to be able to get is a complete reset. That requires the above and more time.
Weird: it will load the guide and a while later do the reset and then load the guide again.
You can check if the full reset was done by using Yellow, Network Setup (8), Tests (3), View Counters.
Use page down 12 times to read the Fsck date (just after the temperatures).
File System ChecK is a Unix term for the latest full reset, preferably less that 2 days ago.
If the date is too old the file system may go "insane" and/or just not work well/reliably.

-Ken

Everything seems nominal this morning with one exception. Recording scheduled for today included reruns, which I did not program. The rest of the calendar appears normal...we'll see. Interestingly the "Fsck" date was 8pm yesterday, I suspect that is when the anomaly appeared. Thank you all for the input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts