No Lakers home games on Dish Network?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

knifeedgechop

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Looking at the schedule both on the website and on my TV, for some reason, Dish Network isn't showing any Laker home games this week. This is a reason for concern because the 1 time they didn't list a game, it never aired. Anyone else now showing a Lakers game for Sunday & a week from Friday?

Uh, yeah, Lakers game Friday Oct. 30 on ESPN HD and Fox Sports West HD (one of those channels may be blacked out, but you will be able to see the game on one of them); Sunday Nov. 1 at 6:30 on Fox Sports West HD; and more.

Please use your search feature and enter "Lakers" and set it to search the "INFO," not just the title, and you will get what you are looking for. Dish does have the Lakers on either the national channels or the Regional Sports channels or LA local channels. You may see that some games are aired on more than one channel and blacked out on one channel but open on another--usually a local, so that the one channel is guaranteed exclusivity for advertising revenue, but the games are always aired somewhere. It's just that today, you have to check all the possible channels to find out who will be airing that particular game. I thought all your sports fans knew that.

Here in Los Angeles, they're shown locally on KCAL 9. You might be able to pick it up on the other team's regional channel. Other channels they may show up on are FSN West & Prime Ticket.

League Pass isn't showing ANY Laker home games on their schedule according to Dish Network. DirectTV shows it tho. All I got is League Pass, I don't have FS West or in the LA area so it's no blackout deal. It's just bizarre that they got every game of every team except Laker home games. I'm just hoping it's an oversight. Check for yourselfs: absolutely no Laker home games and they playing basically at home all month in November http://www.dishnetwork.com/packages/ppv/sports/basketball/nbaSchedule.aspx

That has to be a mistake. If it's not I'll be complaining to Dish network this season and looking for a refund.

Dish doesn't filter League Pass. If it's on League Pass, EVERYONE on ANY provider will have access to it. It is a part of the NBA's agreement with the providers. Trust me on this one... I'm 'in the know'.

It's probably because either ESPN or Tnt is carrying the games.

Exactly.

Tonight, 7:30pm Pacific Time on ESPN and ESPN-HD, Dallas at Lakers.

Gee, you think that ESPN and TNT want to show Kobe and the World Champions a lot ?? What would make you think that ?? ;);)

PS DirecTV likes having a LOT of mirrored channels for their Sports Packages, so they undoubtedly have mirrors of ESPN, ESPN2 and TNT in their League Pass Channel numbers, which then makes those games appear in the League Pass schedule search, even though they are not really part of League Pass.

I looked before I left home this morning and the home game this Sunday is not in the NBA League Pass schedule or on any other national channel. That means that viewers like me that don't live in LA won't be able to see it if it's not on NBA League Pass I still think the guide info is wrong will change by Sunday, I don't remember missing any Laker home games last year.

I looked before I left home this morning and the home game this Sunday is not in the NBA League Pass schedule or on any other national channel. That means that viewers like me that don't live in LA won't be able to see it if it's not on NBA League Pass I still think the guide info is wrong will change by Sunday, I don't remember missing any Laker home games last year.

thank you, someone understands what I'm saying. NEXT Fridays home game isn't on there either. In fact, the whole month of November isn't on their website which is REALLY odd. There was actually 1 game last year that NBA League Pass forgot to put on their schedule and thus missed, however the Broadband aired it. I emailed them about it, hopefully they will update this cuz I'm gonna be gone this weekend and I can't DVR what's not scheduled yet.

Justed talked to a CSR and she said that wasn't a mistake and the games on the 1st and 6th are only available in LA? What?

I'm going to try and bump this up.

Justed talked to a CSR and she said that wasn't a mistake and the games on the 1st and 6th are only available in LA? What?

I'm going to try and bump this up.

I'd call back and ask then why is DirectTV airing those games? If you go to DirectTV they got the Atlanta game and the 6th game on their schedule.

I'd call back and ask then why is DirectTV airing those games? If you go to DirectTV they got the Atlanta game and the 6th game on their schedule.

I called back and had them transfer me up. I talked to someone that seemed to know what she was doing. She compared Dish and Direct's schedules and had no answer, but did say they will look into it.

I'll call again tomorrow if the schedule hasn't been updated.

I called back and had them transfer me up. I talked to someone that seemed to know what she was doing. She compared Dish and Direct's schedules and had no answer, but did say they will look into it.

I'll call again tomorrow if the schedule hasn't been updated.

Thanks cause yeah, I'd want a refund if I can't get any Laker games. That's wrong and bulls___ That's the only reason I bought the League Pass for the past 4 years. I grew up in Long Beach, so I like to follow and I'd wanna see it on my HD big screen, not a computer screen on Broadband.

Thanks cause yeah, I'd want a refund if I can't get any Laker games. That's wrong and bulls___ That's the only reason I bought the League Pass for the past 4 years. I grew up in Long Beach, so I like to follow and I'd wanna see it on my HD big screen, not a computer screen on Broadband.

Do you know about Lakersground.net? They have some good threads and links to live streaming during the games.

Do you know about Lakersground.net? They have some good threads and links to live streaming during the games.

yeah, but the point is I shouldn't have too. I bought the League Pass to follow my favorite team out of market.... as it's advertised.

yeah, but the point is I shouldn't have too. I bought the League Pass to follow my favorite team out of market.... as it's advertised.

I'm with you on that, this is just a good place to visit even if I'm watching the game.

Dish has to fix this or give us a refund. I still think someone in the programming department(maybe a Celtic fan) left the lakers off and it's just a matter of someone else fixing it.

i looked on the menu schedule and they now list Lakers vs. Hawks for Sunday. However I didn't see the game on the 6th there yet. So they noticed and didn't forget. It's just good cuz now I can program it to DVR as I'm going to be out for the weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)