No Lakers home games on Dish Network?

Just got off of the phone with the "Loyalty Dept" and the explanation was that they may not carry any more of the Laker home games because of a dispute with the local broadcaster? I'm missing something here. If the NBA allows them to carry the NBA League Pass and they also show the game on 417 in the LA area, then where is the dispute? They're already broadcasting the game.

At any rate she removed $40 from my bill because I was unhappy with that explanation and I fired an email off to ceo@echostar.com, hopefully that email address still works.

Looking at the schedule both on the website and on my TV, for some reason, Dish Network isn't showing any Laker home games this week. This is a reason for concern because the 1 time they didn't list a game, it never aired. Anyone else now showing a Lakers game for Sunday & a week from Friday?
Looks odd to me.. All Lakers games are available on local tv wiht the exception of the 11/19 game whcih is TNT national exclusive.
I am looking at the NBA Legue pass schedule for Tuesday 11/4 here are the games..
Ok I just found the 11/4 game
Lakers vs OKC is on NBA TV Ch 560....
I am an NHL Center Ice Sub. with that I get the NHL Network. So when there are games exclusive to the NHL network, those games are not listed as part of the Center Ice schedule
It would seem to me that NBA League pass subs would get NBA TV..So check your guide....I believe most of the Laker games you say are missing, are in fact on NBA tv

Just got off of the phone with the "Loyalty Dept" and the explanation was that they may not carry any more of the Laker home games because of a dispute with the local broadcaster? I'm missing something here. If the NBA allows them to carry the NBA League Pass and they also show the game on 417 in the LA area, then where is the dispute? They're already broadcasting the game.

At any rate she removed $40 from my bill because I was unhappy with that explanation and I fired an email off to ceo@echostar.com, hopefully that email address still works.

Those people will tell you anything true, untrue or true but not accurate. You can call 25 times and get 25 different answers. The answer is they don't know the answer ,so they make up one.
NOw I love this crap.. I looked at the guide for Tues 11/3 and the Lakers OKC game is listed as I stated on CH.560 NBA Tv...But I checked the listings on NBA.com and clicked on NBA TV and that game is not listed.
So obvioulsy someone on the NBA website is asleep at the wheel.
Don't trust anything but the guide on your receiver.

I believe most of the Laker games you say are missing, are in fact on NBA tv

It's the home Laker games that Dish is missing at the moment. The Nov 6th and 8th home games while on Direct's schedule are missing from Dish's.

Don't trust anything but the guide on your receiver.

Unfortunately not on NBA TV in the guide either.

Actually, sometimes, in order to get the boat load of money, leagues will consent by contract some exclusivity to a broadcaster, and it is usually the local broadcaster that gets the more exclusivity, but the local station has the option of waiving it when they so desire.

Plus, Charlie did say on a Chat years ago that the contracts for League Pass, etc, for Dish are not exactly the same as for Direct and others. Apparently there are some variances with contracts among different carriers. So, this pattern of no local Lakers home games on Dish, but available on Direct, could just be the terms of Dish's agreement to acquire League Pass.

OP, please email Charlie and call-in for the next Charlie Chat and ask about your concern. I would really like to hear the real answer to this.

I just figure they will show up on the schedule the day before just like on Sunday. But it is worrysome that they aren't plugging those home games on to the schedule like every other team. Hopefully the broadband will carry them (although on a totally different sidenote, my broadband isn't working either. Email them with proof of purchase to a week of no response)

(although on a totally different sidenote, my broadband isn't working either. Email them with proof of purchase to a week of no response)

If the problem with the broadband is on the NBA's side and not your internet connection, the site I mentioned earlier has a link to watch every game in the game thread. Not as good as watching on TV, but if you're home you can follow the action.

Actually, sometimes, in order to get the boat load of money, leagues will consent by contract some exclusivity to a broadcaster, and it is usually the local broadcaster that gets the more exclusivity, but the local station has the option of waiving it when they so desire.

Plus, Charlie did say on a Chat years ago that the contracts for League Pass, etc, for Dish are not exactly the same as for Direct and others. Apparently there are some variances with contracts among different carriers. So, this pattern of no local Lakers home games on Dish, but available on Direct, could just be the terms of Dish's agreement to acquire League Pass.

OP, please email Charlie and call-in for the next Charlie Chat and ask about your concern. I would really like to hear the real answer to this.

I hope that's not the case.

I'll submit a question to Charlie Chat and see if they respond.

Surely Dish couldn't mess up this badly. The Lakers have got to be the most popular team in the NBA and tons of people would be pissed off. It's bad enough that 1/2 the games aren't in HD for no reason, but then they are just going to start dropping teams?

I had $40 removed from my bill for complaining. I bet if a lot of subscribers to this package claimed to be Laker fans and also got $40 refunds, they might make fixing this issue a priority.

yeah i shot them an email asking for a half refund because I really do only watch the lakers. and since they only doing road games, then i feel i only have to pay half. we shall see what they respond with. i'm hoping the situation gets fixed and it don't come to that.

yeah i shot them an email asking for a half refund because I really do only watch the lakers. and since they only doing road games, then i feel i only have to pay half. we shall see what they respond with. i'm hoping the situation gets fixed and it don't come to that.

I brought up the same point to the person I talked to, but couldn't get her to go half. If they fix the problem I still saved $40, worse case I miss the home games or cancel.

i wonder if this is a part of the Dish/FSN RSN dispute that's affecting Dallas Stars and ST. Louis Blues fans the most.

So far, I am waiting for the first Lakers game that is not on Dish League Pass.

Please note from the NBA League Pass FAQ:

Games appearing on national television are not available on League Pass.

This applies to games being televised on ABC, ESPN, TNT, and NBA TV. You may view these games simply by switching to the designated channel.
So far, that has applied to every Laker game that was not shown on League Pass on Dish.

This thread is just a massive rumor mill.

So far, that has applied to every Laker game that was not shown on League Pass on Dish.

I hope you're correct but as of this morning the Laker home games on Nov 6th and 8th are not being televised anywhere except on channel 417, and according to the CSRs I talked with it will probably stay that way.

you know I was just thinking, if the issue is with KCAL Los Angeles and Dish Network... why couldn't Dish just air the away team's network feed? I see that from time to time in the past where they will air the away's teams feed. That, to me, would be a simple solution.

I think you're right. I just looked at the schedule and now they showing Memphis vs. LA on Friday on channel 571. They may be doing it one day at a time or something much like last year when Dish/LEague Pass were having contractual issues and they would literally put the schedule up the day of and nothing else past it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)