No Local HD Channels in Bay Area (VIP 622)

How far are you out of the spotbeam? I've been getting sf hd channels for the last year or whenever they became available. I'm losing the spotbeam in the morning and late at night, I lost most of the sd channels a couple of months ago, I'm hoping they will move them to a hotter transponder. the signal is very marginal on my 722 and my dish 1000. I may have to move back to Monterey if they don't get them fixed as I see 3 out of 4 of the channels are up now in hd.

Hi,
Not sure what you mean, but it's a totally different situation I believe.

I just received a letter from AT&T Home Entertainment and they said it's related to the 622 receiver. This is what they originally told me, but then one guy said it was contract related. Who knows what the truth is.

Hi,
Not sure what you mean, but it's a totally different situation I believe.

I just received a letter from AT&T Home Entertainment and they said it's related to the 622 receiver. This is what they originally told me, but then one guy said it was contract related. Who knows what the truth is.

It's definitely not a technical issue, since those of us who have a subscription with Dish directly are receiving HD locals from Dish in the SF Bay Area. It sounds like a contractual issue between Dish and AT&T, and you're getting caught in the middle.

Anyone has an update what the reason is? or any update?

I did get a 20 dollar credit on my bill this month...which is whatever I rather get my HD channels.

If it is contract how are they so sure this gets resolved in May? That doesn't seem right because if they are negotiating AT&T will screw themselves by setting a deadline so I called DISH and told them the issue and their CSR told me the same thing..that it will be till May it comes back. So something to do with QBOX and DVR 622. Either way it sucks but if its techinical and Dish didn't provide a software update that is just beyong bad planning.

AT&T has already decided to not renew with Dish but partner with DirecTV for the future, so I wouldn't expect them to negotiate really hard w/Dish on your behalf. I think they'd be happy with you dumping Dish for DirecTV.

AT&T has already decided to not renew with Dish but partner with DirecTV for the future, so I wouldn't expect them to negotiate really hard w/Dish on your behalf. I think they'd be happy with you dumping Dish for DirecTV.

Only if they can't get you to go to Uverse. AT&T only contracts to DirecTV (and formerly Dish) to give them a way to bundle TV in areas that aren't yet supported by their Uverse service. As they continue to roll out Uverse, the areas where DirecTV will be available though AT&T will diminish. Obviously, rural areas won't see Uverse for a decade or more, if ever.

So this morning I woke up to find no local HD channels in my guide. I called Dish and was told that I have to wait till May, till then no Local HD channels for 3 freaking months till they update the software for the Bay Area. What is the point of having just SD channels...This is really frustrating..3 months?? How could they not see this issue coming up? I didn't get an explanation on why it will take so long..

Is anyone else suffering because of this? How is this focused to just the Bay Area and I was told only for 622, to which my response was ok then let me switch to new reciever then the story changed that it will not show up on new reciever either....is this GOD punishing the Bay Area for voting no on prop 8??? :)

All joking aside this is really frustrating thought of watching Lost on SD is depressing and I am not tech savvy enough to go get the channels OTA but I guess I will have to try...and get a rabbit ear antenna..can anyone recommend a good one that requires least moving around....

Thanks everyone

We've had HD locals here for a long time. The CSR doesn't know what they're talking about. You haven't had any the entire time you've had your 622?

Yes I am getting other HD channels Ok.
Line G: Q-Box are both green, 1 and 2.
When I press CHeck Switch it gives me an error saying " A Dish Q-Box was detected instead of a multi-dish switch. IF you want to search for Satellites availbale to your Q-Box, Please press the "Scan" button.

Which I did and 119 shows up but not 7...so I am getting my local channels but no in HD... could it because I live in an apartment complex and have one big dish on top?

LOL if this is a big joke at the CSR...mess with this guy...Am I SOL now?

QBox? Ok. that makes a big difference. PM me with your address (or at least the name of your complex) and I'll try to find out what's going on.
EDIT: Nevermind. I sent you one.

Last edited:
It's definitely not a technical issue, since those of us who have a subscription with Dish directly are receiving HD locals from Dish in the SF Bay Area. It sounds like a contractual issue between Dish and AT&T, and you're getting caught in the middle.

No, It's a QAM issue. I'm not going to go into all the gory details, but suffice it to say, it's a problem due to some decoding issues. The same reason some QAM systems misbehave with the 211k receivers and not the 211 as regards to locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)