No local HD channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AndyJ

Original poster
Nov 7, 2016
Texas
I have a Winegard automatic dish on my RV. All of the sudden it quit picking up HD local channels. Dish's answer was to send a new receiver which didn't solve the problem. Any ideas?

Your locals are provided via a spotbeam, the spotbeam cover a certain spot usually only a couple states or so. If you traveled outside that area you won't receiver those locals in HD. If you want to receive in locals HD, you need to change your address to that area your in. For example my Bangor, Me locals can be picked thorughout Maine, but if I go to Vermont or North West New Hampshire, I can pick them up.

Last edited:
Reactions: comfortably_numb
We traveled to another location just as we have been doing. Hadn't been a problem before.
Did you travel to a same location you have before or simply traveled before and still got your locals and now traveled somewhere else and don't.
For some clarity spotbeams can cover more than a small State or just a small area. For example in Ct when I am there I am in the Eastern part very near both Mass and Rhode Island, yet I am still in the New City Spot beam 170 miles away from NYC. It is entirely possible to travel and still get your locals but there is a limit. If it's the same location you have received your locals at before make sure you are getting a signal from the Satellites you are supposed to be receiving. (Do a check switch)

Reactions: comfortably_numb
... or the place where are you now you don't have line of sight for the same arc (east / west) and you getting the SD version of the locals.
For example if you are on the east coast you can get the locals in HD from east ark, you can get the same locals from west ark as well but they will be only in SD.

... or the place where are you now you don't have line of sight for the same arc (east / west) and you getting the SD version of the locals.
For example if you are on the east coast you can get the locals in HD from east ark, you can get the same locals from west ark as well but they will be only in SD.
Not every DMA has locals on both arcs. Some have HD and SD on both arcs, some have SD on one and HD on the other, some have HD on both arcs.... Eastern arc SD channels are all on 77....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts