No Manual (Custom) Timers OTA??

Rotryrkt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
It appears we have lost the ability to create a manual timer in U203 CUI. I live in an area where where I don't receive HD locals. Prime Time Anytime is not available in my DMA either. So I have an OTA antenna with which I receive my locals in HD. Problem is, Dish doesn't see fit to provide guide data for most of them. When I tune to a channel without guide data and hit record, nothing happens. The recording icon pops up but record led never lights up on front of the hopper. Nothing appears in timer list or scheduled timers. My existing timers carried over from the old UI and I can edit them, but I am not allowed to create new ones. This is a major problem for me. If anyone has figured this out, please help!

Last edited:
Actually, the option is still there....though a bit hidden/mislabeled.

1) Hit DVR.
2) Go to the Timers tab.
3) Hit RED.
4) Create a Timer

Hey thanks a lot! I had thought I tried everything but sure enough, it's there. I really appreciate the help. Sat guys are the best!!:)

Ok with that one figured out, I have another. I am watching the OSU - Maryland game right now on an OTA channel with no guide data. When I press record, the record icon pops up saying it's recording and for options hit record again. Options screen comes up but nothing is recording. No red led on Hopper and nothing in the DVR list. If I press record again it says "recording" then another dialog pops up saying "recording in progress" though nothing is being recorded.

Reactions: syphix
Ok with that one figured out, I have another. I am watching the OSU - Maryland game right now on an OTA channel with no guide data. When I press record, the record icon pops up saying it's recording and for options hit record again. Options screen comes up but nothing is recording. No red led on Hopper and nothing in the DVR list. If I press record again it says "recording" then another dialog pops up saying "recording in progress" though nothing is being recorded.
Yeah, I saw that too. Doesn't seem to like recording OTA channels on the fly. Must be scheduled. Kinda sucks. Hopefully they see these posts!

Reactions: Rotryrkt
How do your OTA recordings look?

No complaints about quality. In fact I believe that picture quality is actually improved with the CUI. My new Vizio 4k TV seems to like the output from my Super Joey better.

No complaints about quality. In fact I believe that picture quality is actually improved with the CUI. My new Vizio 4k TV seems to like the output from my Super Joey better.

Your OTA recordings aren't broken up or pixelated at all? How about a sub channel recording. Not live, it's got to be a recording.

Your OTA recordings aren't broken up or pixelated at all? How about a sub channel recording. Not live, it's got to be a recording.
I did notice some breakup this morning on one recording, but I am watching another one now and no problems so far. I'll do some test recordings on sub channels. I don't make too many OTA sub channel recordings mostly on main channels.

I did notice some breakup this morning on one recording, but I am watching another one now and no problems so far. I'll do some test recordings on sub channels. I don't make too many OTA sub channel recordings mostly on main channels.

Sorry, I just realized this is the HWS section and my HWS recordings look great. The H3 recordings are broken up. Live is fine, recordings not so much. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts