No Mets on SNY-HD tonight; call to fix this! and ?

DVDDAD

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Huntington, Long Island, NY
Why can't Dish get this right? At least once a week we've got to watch the Mets (lose) in SD because someone screwed up and didn't flip the switch. Call and ask for the rep to open a ticket with engineering and hopefully if they get enough calls they'll correct it before the end of the game. I've called several times and it's worked, but tonight I'm not sure if it will, that's why I'm asking for your help. Although the game is in the guide on the SD channel 438 tonight it isn't in the guide on the 438 HD mapdown channel or on 5438.

The other problem I've had is with timers for the Mets games on the HD channel. As you know the games in the guide show as "MLB Baseball" on the SD version but on the HD channel, it would show something like, "Marlins at Mets", which means it's impossible to just set on timer and record all the games. I go and set individual timers for all games in a week. To complicate matters of course the games are on different networks during the week, as you can also find them on the CW11 or on Fox. Would using Dish pass help with this? How do you set up your timers for the Mets?

One thing that would help is when Dish decides to make this a full time channel and that won't likely happen before the end of this season, I'm sure.

Yeah...I thought it ironic that when I tuned in and found it was in SD and not HD, the first thing I noticed on screen was a Dish Network billboard right behind home plate. :haha

Of course, then I remembered how we were playing and questioned why I was even bothering with SD. After I heard Gary Cohen utter the exact same phrase word for word for 6 consecutive Mets batters..."<Insert player here> has been struggling at the plate"...I changed the channel. I guess even the home announcers run out of ways to talk about how bad we are right now. :(

I hught dish is having issues with bandwidth putting every game in highdef, and just randomly pick games not to put n hd

Do not forget to check the alternates. My local, very bad, make that very, very, very bad ball club is often televised on the alternates and often on the HD alternates. I believe they are pre-empted by a better local college baseball team.

Do not forget to check the alternates. My local, very bad, make that very, very, very bad ball club is often televised on the alternates and often on the HD alternates. I believe they are pre-empted by a better local college baseball team.

Sometimes the White Sox and Cubs are on the RSN alternate channels.

So far they have only been on the RSN SD channels despite the game being produced in HD

Dish does not have any alternatives because YES, the Yankees channel, is not on Dish. I also emailed and complained about this last night. What I do not understand is this: There has yet to be any problem with the NESN Hd (except of course with that double header a few weeks ago), but that was it. Why is SNY now having problems? Maybe it is on their end.

I saw the same thing last night as well. This was the very first SNY Mets game this year that this happened.

I thought to myself, sh** and tuned to 9481 but only then remembered that Monsters was gone. :(

The NY dma does not have this problem as the Mets are the only MLB team on that channel, any Mets game on the Alt channels are usually blacked out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts