No MLB games on 4/5 in HD yet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I can see every game listed on the RSN channels in HD. Not sure what everyone is complaining about.

Not all are, but it shouldnt matter, dish should be carrying all HD rsns in full time! If they were launched in full time to begin with, nobody would be complaining! Dish is just being lazy when it comes to sports programming and now that MLB is starting, its biting them in the ass because people want to see thier teams!

Not all are, but it shouldnt matter, dish should be carrying all HD rsns in full time! If they were launched in full time to begin with, nobody would be complaining! Dish is just being lazy when it comes to sports programming and now that MLB is starting, its biting them in the ass because people want to see thier teams!

Are you certain this is the case? You're talking a lot of bandwidth to devote to RSNs to make them full time HD. I don't know that I'd being willing to sacrifice the expansion of national HD just to have my RSN in HD full time. Honestly, all I want are the games that are broadcast in HD, shown in HD. I don't need bandwidth devoted during other parts of the day. That means not treating west coast viewers as second class citizens with JIP games.

Maybe the way to do it to make some HD RSNs full time and alleviate the crunch caused by sharing?

It's been suggested in the past to add the RSNs to the spotbeams so that you can have them full time locally. The flaw with that being that those with league pass would be left out in the cold.

Maybe the way to do it is to add the RSN's to the spotbeams as full time channels. But, also leave them up as part time HD channels on CONUS beams so that the those with NBA or NHL packages don't get the shaft (or at least not any more than they currently are).

I'm not even sure the spotbeams have the capacity to do something like this or if it's even technically feasible, but i bet almost everyone would be happy with their local RSNs in HD. Something like this would also preserve precious CONUS bandwidth for national channels. Thoughts?

All they would have to do is devote LITTLE MORE bandwidth to HD RSNs; they do not need to make them full time.

Full time would be nice so I don't have to keep track of which channel number to tune to. Right now I use the 3 digit for SD and the 4 digit for HD. Furthermore, in order to catch the pre and post chatter, I set the 2nd tuner on SD, if I remember!

Then I have to check to see what is coming in HD, is it JIPPED, etc. When this thread was started I too had no games listed on HD. Now this week shows HD games but still nothing next week.

All a pain in the ass.

Oh my bad then..I've had the Multi-Sports pack since I first got Dish, so I wasn't sure..

I never thought to look at the ALT channels....I wish I would have known this during the tournament. But if they put it on an ALT channel, why not just open up the RSN HD one???? Oh well. And now, the Braves vs Cubs home opener game is listed on the HD RSN on my guide...Yay!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)