No More 922

nrholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Tampa Bay Area
I guess we now know why they were offering upgrades on the 922. It is not available off of Dish's website. Will it be available again in the future or will it be gone forever?

Gone like Elvis...

Told you this was coming in my CES reports.

I really wish DISH would stop charging $4 a month more for 922 owners since it actually does LESS then a 722k with Sling Adapter!

Ha! That won't happen. Dish won't even tell exisiting customers that are paying for a certain package that they don't charge for anymore. I remember the $20 Dish Platinum package that people could get for $10. You had to ask for it though, Dish would just change it automatically.

Just trade it in on the new Hopper system. Everyone is going to want one of those anyway. And the Hopper will look like the 922 so you won't see a difference in menus or tiles or guides. But hopefully it will operate better than the 922 without the glitches and lack of basic functionality that the 922 suffered.

Official word - it's not gone:
MaryB@DishNetwork

User# 96237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhon69 View Post
Is the 922 going away?.It has been reported on the other site.The answer is Yes!.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-net...2-said-no.html
The ViP922 Slingloaded DVR has been removed as an option for new and existing customers at this time. The Blockbuster Movie Pass Software has not been released yet for this receiver and it will not be available again until this has been completed. It is not gone but just temporarily unavailable at this time!

According to people higher then Mary it's gone, its been phased out.

With that said I do expect Blockbuster movie Pass on the 922 later on in the year.... but for now all work is on Hopper and Joey.

It isn't really gone, it was put into Hopper's pouch along with the Joey's:eek:, one day Dish will trade you a Hopper for your 922 and everyone will be Happy?:p

According to people higher then Mary it's gone, its been phased out.

With that said I do expect Blockbuster movie Pass on the 922 later on in the year.... but for now all work is on Hopper and Joey.

What I'm hoping for is a definition of "phased out." I suspect that in the next year or two, they'll be removed from service in the field, like some previous boxes. But that's just a Silly Wild Assed Guess. And will they reimburse retailers that invested in ViP922 stock somehow?

If anyone is intrested I just found a referbished 922 in my backroom the other day.

Still wrapped in the factory plastic with (2) new remotes, seperator and HDMI cable. 1 Year warranty from DISH

Eventhough im not a big fan of this receiver, I do reconize there is still people out there looking for this

$400 shipped. PM me for details

If anyone is intrested I just found a referbished 922 in my backroom the other day.

Still wrapped in the factory plastic with (2) new remotes, seperator and HDMI cable. 1 Year warranty from DISH

Eventhough im not a big fan of this receiver, I do reconize there is still people out there looking for this

$400 shipped. PM me for details

Good luck with that.

I do know ppl that want a 922 as well and I told them to find one from a dealer as well. There has to be dealers out there that have quite a few in stock yet. I will pass along the info from Claude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts