Status
Please reply by conversation.

rd100

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Wales, UK
I do not know if you guys now but andrew sold its failing satcomms to ASC

So former Andrew / Channel master is now ASC signal there SMC dishes can seen here ASC Signal VSAT Products

And the home page is here ASC Signal Home

I asked them if they had any plans to start making the polar mount for both the 1.2m and 1.8m and they said NO only if there is demand,

I like that 1.2 Auto-Acquire antenna, sure would make life easier.
The 9.4M antenna would be nice too lol.

careful what you ask for

The 9.4M antenna would be nice too lol.
I had just been on the Australian Vetrun forum, reading the exploits of Samoaga from Pago Pago, American Samoa.
He's got 5, ... 6, ... and 7 meter dishes.!. - :eek:
You'd need your own crane !

After reading a number of his threads, I'm just happy with what we can do here in the US with 2m & 3m dishes!

True, I love in the sticks anyway. Just imagine a dish that size to play with for a week or two.
I'd want strobes on it to annoy the neighborhood dogs though, and a motor so big it would shake the ground when it was running lol.

True, I love in the sticks anyway. Just imagine a dish that size to play with for a week or two.
I'd want strobes on it to annoy the neighborhood dogs though, and a motor so big it would shake the ground when it was running lol.

Put a V-8 actautor on that dish! :eek::D

I went to New Orleans Friday and there is a hotel in the Eastern Part of the city (the part that was flooded so badly during Katrina) that STILL hasn't been rebuilt, and it has what is easily a 20' dish next to it. The pad that dish is mounted on is HUGE...:D

Everytime I pass it I keep telling myself I don't have the ROOM for a dish that size....;)

Put a V-8 actautor on that dish! :eek::D

I went to New Orleans Friday and there is a hotel in the Eastern Part of the city (the part that was flooded so badly during Katrina) that STILL hasn't been rebuilt, and it has what is easily a 20' dish next to it. The pad that dish is mounted on is HUGE...:D

Everytime I pass it I keep telling myself I don't have the ROOM for a dish that size....;)

I got room - ship it up here! :D;) -- I don't have room for the Jim Creek dish though:( My east to west is only 660 feet. I have to leave 10 feet between any thing and the property line so that only leaves me 640 feet.
POP

I've been eyeing a couple of those, usually they're located in hotel parking lots :) It would drive the neighbors totally mad, but just think of the wonderful shade it would provide... Put a bench underneath it, and it would make a perfect, dual-use gazebo (at least that's what I keep telling myself, got the idea from a fixed dish at WDSU's dish farm) :D

You have far more room over there on the Northshore than I do, though...

Hehe...i actually had a neighbor which had very good garden in front of the house and i mentioned maybe will get a 16" feet SMC dish that i could get cheap.

He told me i could install it in his garden if i could get better reception there, he mentioned he didn't need any sunshine as he hated to be out in the sun.

This was like 12 years ago and i don't live there anymore but i got a bit afraid to install it as it weighted nearly 800kg. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.