No more dish for me.

vodad

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
After 8 great years with Dish, I will not be able to continue my service. After the installer tried to find a spot to get line of sight, there is just nowhere on my new property to get service. mainly do to the neighbors trees.

I am really going to miss my dish service, here is to hoping for some lightening and strong winds to take down a couple trees. (just kidding, well maybe)

Now if only they would have waved that $80 term fee from my upgrade 16 months ago, I would have been really happy.

Time Warner maybe. they are having issues too. the house has never had cable either. so they are trying to get the cable to the house and it seems like they should be able to, after all there is power and phone service to the house, and there cable service runs right in front of the house. so not sure what the deal with that is.

On the phone with them now trying to get it all worked out.

Sorry to hear. From your perspective, do you agree with the installer? I ask only because some installers will take a little more time than others to find a spot and will do it even if a little inconvenient.

we walked around the yard together for 30-40 minutes trying to find a spot, every spot in my yard, I thought we might have a chance, the neighbor had a tree right there that blocked at least one of the sats. usually 2. I was pretty sure this was going to be case when we bought the place, but we could not pass on the house because there would not be any satellite

well remember we have a cable provider section too. hope you continue to visit us.

we walked around the yard together for 30-40 minutes trying to find a spot, every spot in my yard, I thought we might have a chance, the neighbor had a tree right there that blocked at least one of the sats. usually 2. I was pretty sure this was going to be case when we bought the place, but we could not pass on the house because there would not be any satellite

I have dishes at three different sites for 61.5, 72.7 and 110/119. Two different spots on my garage roof, 75 feet from the house, and one on the front porch. Sometimes alittle imagination works.

I have dishes at three different sites for 61.5, 72.7 and 110/119. Two different spots on my garage roof, 75 feet from the house, and one on the front porch. Sometimes alittle imagination works.

I know what you mean. I live in a pecan orchard and have the EA setup on 3 Dish 300's.

I've done that for a customer before. Just charged for the extra equipment and that's it. Done a few where other installers had deemed it a no line of site.

I did my own install. Works great. Also helped a couple of neighbors who had been told they didn't have LOS.

I did my own install. Works great. Also helped a couple of neighbors who had been told they didn't have LOS.

Very cool. I find that many of these can be done with a little extra work. Really depends on who you have for an installer. I try my best to do a site survey ahead of an install if its close by. For ones out of town, I usally show up with a variety of dishes and switches just in case its in a tight spot. The option of using either arc in my local market has made things much easier as well.

I'm always willing to take a look at a potential install that someone else has turned down.

Last edited:
single dishes are more aesthetically pleasing, but performance wise, multiple dishes are better.

Setup a dish 500 for 110/119 and a modified directv slimline for 61.5 (now on 129). Very solid reception.

You can get creative if you really want dish. a few months with time warner may help convince you, lol.

Last edited:
Time Warner maybe. they are having issues too. the house has never had cable either. so they are trying to get the cable to the house and it seems like they should be able to, after all there is power and phone service to the house, and there cable service runs right in front of the house. so not sure what the deal with that is.

On the phone with them now trying to get it all worked out.
Once they get a tech out there, I'm sure they'll be able to hit your house from the pole. I'm surprised there isn't a legacy cable run already.

I'm sure his wife would love that.

Hmmm, Satellite TV or the Wife. Satellite TV, or the Wife. Can I get back to you on that.... :)

True story - Girlfriend years ago eventually got tired of Dog hair, said we should get rid of my Dog. I think you can figure out the ending....

Hmmm, Satellite TV or the Wife. Satellite TV, or the Wife. Can I get back to you on that.... :)

True story - Girlfriend years ago eventually got tired of Dog hair, said we should get rid of my Dog. I think you can figure out the ending....
No brainer, there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)