No more Encore HD channel?

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
When did they dump Encore HD on 340? Now 340 is just a VOD channel. I probably missed some big announcement and am late to the party. I added the "Starz Encore" package expecting to get Encore HD and it seems to be no more.

I was going through my guide last night and noticed no Encore HD and I think there was once The Movie Channel HD channel, also wasn't there?

I called Dish and got a nice guy in Denver who explained it to me. Apparently the package called "Starz Encore" doesn't actually include the "Encore HD" channel anymore. There is a second package called just "Starz" that DOES include Encore HD.

It's a weird naming convention, considering one would think they'd receive the "Encore" channel in the "Starz Encore" package, but actually "Starz Encore" only includes the SD channels of Westerns, Action etc.

Reactions: pattykay
again, another missing channel, but no price reduction

Again as so often discussed a ridiculous thing. I don't want DISH to raise my cost the instant a channel is added so I don't expect it to be decreased that instant either. If it's really gone.....

Reactions: charlesrshell
It's definitely gone from the "Starz / Encore" package.
I think the confusion came from the fact that subscribers who got Encore as part of AT250 with HD Free For Life also got Encore HD with that package. Encore East was never included (either in SD or HD) in the stand-alone Encore (now called Starz/Encore) package as far as I know, although Dish does feature the HD feed in free previews, along with the rest of the Encore channels. Otherwise, as stated before, Encore East is only available in the Starz package, and it is still in HD. Nothing has changed there.

Reactions: dishrich and Tampa8
I think the confusion came from the fact that subscribers who got Encore as part of AT250 with HD Free For Life also got Encore HD with that package. Encore East was never included (either in SD or HD) in the stand-alone Encore (now called Starz/Encore) package as far as I know, although Dish does feature the HD feed in free previews, along with the rest of the Encore channels. Otherwise, as stated before, Encore East is only available in the Starz package, and it is still in HD. Nothing has changed there.

It's still REALLY confusing (at least to me) that a package called "Starz / Encore" doesn't actually include Encore.

I'm confused. I see 340 ENCOR HD in my guide. It has the StarzEncore logo next to it. Also, TMC-E HD is on 327 with The Move Channel logo. Both tune for me. ??

Reactions: pattykay
This is just referring to people who have the “Starz / Encore” package who don’t see Encore HD on 341
Dish never carried the HD feed of Encore West (341). The HD feed of Encore East (340) was a bonus for subscribers of AT250 with HD.

Yep, I have the AT250, plus HBO and the Dish Movie Pack
That explains it. AT250 only includes the west coast Movie Channel feeds, and Dish has never carried those in HD. If Dish had been providing the HD feed of The Movie Channel East, similar to the Encore situation above, maybe they have stopped doing that for AT250 subscribers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts