no more freebies for me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tomyo10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
erie, pa
This will be the last time I will sign up for anything "free" from Dish.

Each and every time I have gotten the free 3 months of whatever, it's a royal pain to make sure I get credited for them. And everytime I'd had to fight with them to get what they promised in the first place.

This time they billed me, with no credit. They then told me it was over a month ago- that's why they billed me. But it was not due to be over until a month from now. So they finally gave me a credit.

I truly think they try to get away with things like this, hoping no one notices. It's not worth the hassle anymore.

You do know your bills are always for the month ahead? Sounds to me like you might have brow beated them into a bonus credit.

You do know your bills are always for the month ahead? Sounds to me like you might have brow beated them into a bonus credit.

no- they gave me 3 credits. They billed me last month and this month with no credits. The offer was to end April 3. But they had in their system it was to end March 3.

They fixed it. But it's the same old crap.

nah OP is correct it has happened to me too. I asked for the free showtime & HBO promo to get it and the next month be charged for it. I asked why they said I was bein billed a month in advance. but How if I was on my first month of the 3 month promo?

Agreed. On Jan 21 they gave me 3 free months of hbo and showtime. In my world that should end on April 20, or there about. In month one they charged me for HBO/Showtime and credited me with one month, so month one was free. In month 2 they charged me for 1 month and then credited me for months 2 and 3. So in month three they are now charging me for the service with no credit.Did I get credit for the three months? Yes so did I get three months free? Yes, is this a screwed up way of doing business? Yes.

Ross

I could have the hbo sho deal too but am staying away from it. Same for Gold Plat HD, I only have Gold? I'm a firm believer that no two bills are the same for the same services.

Here is last months bill and so I am to believe it was for what I can watch now?
Service Date(s) Detailed Activity
Previous Balance $ 106.89
Feb 09 Credit Card Payment -106.89
$ 0.00
One Time Charges
Feb 20 1 YR Cinemax Penny Offer 0.01
Monthly Charges
Mar 05 - Apr 04 GoldHD 10.00
HD DuoDVR Receiver 17.00
Service Plan (15/0) 6.00
America's Top 250 With Locals 62.99
DVR Service 6.00
$ 101.99
Other Charges and Credits
Feb 12 Receiver Credit 1 of 6 - Adjustment -5.00
Taxes
Feb 20 State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) 6.00
Total AutoPay on Mar 12, 2010 $ 103.00

So according to this Feb 20 1 YR Cinemax Penny Offer 0.01 They took the penny for the show now today I get the bill for next month, as follows

Service Date(s) Detailed Activity
Previous Balance $ 103.00
Mar 12 Credit Card Payment -103.00
$ 0.00
Monthly Charges
Apr 05 - May 04 GoldHD 10.00
HD DuoDVR Receiver 17.00
Cinemax 12.99
Service Plan (15/0) 6.00
America's Top 250 With Locals 62.99
DVR Service 6.00
$ 114.98
Other Charges and Credits
Mar 12 Receiver Credit 2 of 6 - Adjustment -5.00
Taxes
Mar 20 State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) 6.38
Total AutoPay on Apr 09, 2010 $ 116.36

So I would assume the penny was for last year and it's 12.99 for next month?????
I can let you know but I don't think so--- I called today to end the deal, he said I am a top customer and got all nicey and waved the $5 cancellation fee, however the $12.99 is still on the bill for next month meaning even tho it's not due for 19 more days from now it cannot be removed until the next bill?? which is for May viewing.
I admit I fell for it but I have to wonder if anyone really ever pays $12.99 for Cinemax on a monthly basis on purpose.

Agreed. On Jan 21 they gave me 3 free months of hbo and showtime. In my world that should end on April 20, or there about. In month one they charged me for HBO/Showtime and credited me with one month, so month one was free. In month 2 they charged me for 1 month and then credited me for months 2 and 3. So in month three they are now charging me for the service with no credit.Did I get credit for the three months? Yes so did I get three months free? Yes, is this a screwed up way of doing business? Yes.

Ross

Exact same thing happened to me. So I did get 3 months free but definitely a strange way of billing and crediting it. Thats why I check my bill each month especially with autopay.

I learned my lesson a long time ago with the dish freebies.
just way to many hassles.
Besides, none of the premium stations are worth squat.
You might get three months of programing but after the first week or two, its all reruns of the same movies for the next 2 months.

You know boys, I've kept on top of my billing and I've never had a problem with the three or four times I've done the freebies. Diligence is your responsibility. (and knowing the month ahead scenario).

Total up the credits. Do they not add up to $66 spread over several bills. YES THEY DO! Now, if you stop service at the 3 month mark after adding them, you will see the total charges add up to $66 so it is a wash. You are billed in advance so if you see the charges extend past the cancel date, then you will see it credited back on the next statement. I wish they would teach people how to understand a bill in high school.

Total up the credits. Do they not add up to $66 spread over several bills. YES THEY DO! Now, if you stop service at the 3 month mark after adding them, you will see the total charges add up to $66 so it is a wash. You are billed in advance so if you see the charges extend past the cancel date, then you will see it credited back on the next statement. I wish they would teach people how to understand a bill in high school.

:up:up:up

I've never had any problem. If you check your current amount due every day, you are going to discover periods when some but not all charges/credits have been applied.

If you look for a problem you're gonna find it, real or perceived.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)