No more International programming on 61.5

Note this is going to take a year to accomplish.

I wonder if this is for Puerto Rico? I do not think that they will be able to fit all the HD on 61.5, but they could make a lot happy in PR if they get the most popular ones restored back to 61.5

I believe that Dish will make the folks in Puerto Rico happy when they launch the E-16 satellite early next year. E-16 is a spotbeam satellite and it would make sense to have a spotbeam for Puerto Rico with a large number of TPs to provide HD programming there. Most of the space freed up with the move of international programming off of 61.5 W will be used for spotbeams. The 72.7 W slot is where almost all of the national programming will come from on the EA because Dish leases the Nimiq 5 satellite there and it is a CONUS only and Dish does not need a whole lot more than the 32 TPs at 72.7 W to provide all the national programming using MPEG-4. Just do the math. Dish does need a huge number of TPs to provide the HD locals based on the most recent law passed by Congress. E-16 and QuetzSat-1 hopefully will both provide a large amount of spotbeam capacity for Dish on the EA.

What do you think they will use that spectrum for that they purchased a few years ago??

Imagine downloading VOD content (or IPTV) without bandwidth restrictions of your ISP. Who knows it could be 4G or some newer technology they use and have it built in the LNB and Receiver.

The pieces of the puzzle are starting to fall into place.

This is BS another slap in the face for PR. We are told we can not have programing from the 61.5 because they want everyone to have a single dish set up. Now they are offering a free wing dish and a free receiver for people who want the international channels. We don't even get the programs we pay for, looks like dish is willing to help everyone except PR

Attachments

• racetrack-logo.gif
    racetrack-logo.gif
    9.2 KB · Views: 136
There are no plans to remove internationals from 118.7. :)

As far as PR goed, while I dont have details I am told that all Internationals will be available to PR at the time they are removed from 61.5.

New International LNBF for DISH 500 Plus

DishDepot is selling a new LNBF for the Dish 500+. I've only seen it mentioned on their site.

Description:
Receives 119, 118.7, and 110 satellites. Has built-in switch within the LNBF allowing you to feed up to 3 Dual Tuner Receivers. Has input for additional 4th Satellite Location (ex: 129 or 61.5). Mounts on a DISH500 Plus Dish only

Can this be used with with my 1000.4 to get 118.7?

Attachments

• New LNBF for DISH 500+.jpg
    New LNBF for DISH 500+.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 137
This is BS another slap in the face for PR. We are told we can not have programing from the 61.5 because they want everyone to have a single dish set up. Now they are offering a free wing dish and a free receiver for people who want the international channels. We don't even get the programs we pay for, looks like dish is willing to help everyone except PR

Not everything that happens in this world is related to PR..... :)
It has been offered as a side dish for some time now for those who want certain internationals. This just makes it for all internationals, and it makes perfect sense. The one arc guideline is geared more toward English package programs.
This isn't some new "exception" that is being made. Internationals on a wing dish has been ongoing, now all will apparently be there.

There are no plans to remove internationals from 118.7. :)

As far as PR goed, while I dont have details I am told that all Internationals will be available to PR at the time they are removed from 61.5.

would rather they used the transponders for the English channels that we are missing, rather then add international channels

What do you think they will use that spectrum for that they purchased a few years ago??

Imagine downloading VOD content (or IPTV) without bandwidth restrictions of your ISP. Who knows it could be 4G or some newer technology they use and have it built in the LNB and Receiver.

The pieces of the puzzle are starting to fall into place.

Plus, isn't dish buying DBSD and then Ecostar buying TerreStar. Both companies has a small part of the spectrum, so if those go through and with the spectrum they already got from the auction, 4G network like LTE can be built.

bigwillieb said:
Plus, isn't dish buying DBSD and then Ecostar buying TerreStar. Both companies has a small part of the spectrum, so if those go through and with the spectrum they already got from the auction, 4G network like LTE can be built.

4G LTE is a joke. Yes it is fast but only with a 5 GB cap. I burn through that in about 9 days just streaming radio on my iPod touch. With Netflix watching it would last one to three days.

4G LTE is a joke. Yes it is fast but only with a 5 GB cap. I burn through that in about 9 days just streaming radio on my iPod touch. With Netflix watching it would last one to three days.

One would assume if Dish is building out their own LTE network they would not cap their own service delivery.

Bongo the service would be probably only used for DISH service for delivery of VOD content and not subject to a cap since they own the service. :)

It would not surprise me to see them putting LTE right into the receivers. You would just magically get VOD over LTE when you wanted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)