NO MORE MSG/MSG +

nrholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Tampa Bay Area
Just got this e-mail from the Quality Assurance Dept. at Dish Network. It has this to state about the current situation regarding Comcast California and MSG:

"We are still currently in negotiations with CSNCA. MSG/MSG+ have been taken down and I do not know if they will ever return. I will forward this information off to the appropriate department to see what can be done. As soon as I get any information on this issue, I will be sure and update you."

Just thought everyone would like to know. If anyone else has information, please let us know. I guess Dish has given up on the New York market.

:rant:

Just got this e-mail from the Quality Assurance Dept. at Dish Network. It has this to state about the current situation regarding Comcast California and MSG:

"We are still currently in negotiations with CSNCA. MSG/MSG+ have been taken down and I do not know if they will ever return. I will forward this information off to the appropriate department to see what can be done. As soon as I get any information on this issue, I will be sure and update you."

Just thought everyone would like to know. If anyone else has information, please let us know. I guess Dish has given up on the New York market.

:rant:

Pretty much so. In my area you have Time Warner or Directv as your choices.

Yikes! If they lose CSNBA I will have no option but to switch providers.
With Dish's track record with sports I'd say it's a 98% chance CSNBA will be gone.

Sucks to be me...switched to E* from D*, after the EA became operational because of LOS issues. Could barely see the 101 bird....no locals, no HD. Rural area with no cable, DSL or FIOS = no other options. "Moving" and subscribing to CI would be a really hard sell to the wife. (I'd do it in a second but the resulting divorce would be too expensive.)

Question: Has anyone ever heard of blackout waivers being granted (such as when locals are not available OTA) by the carrirers for unique situations like these? Seems if they did it would open up a whole can of worms. It seems to me that MSG holds most all of the cards here. I know im in the minority here but man am I extremely angry at both parties for not resolving this.

That would be our response, no updates otherwise.

No Local Hockey or Basketball in one of the largest media markets in the country. I'm still stunned. And I imagine we'll get shut out once Baseball starts again. Was Charley picked last for the team in grade school?

Greenwood Luke,
Warwick NY

No Local Hockey or Basketball in one of the largest media markets in the country. I'm still stunned. And I imagine we'll get shut out once Baseball starts again. Was Charley picked last for the team in grade school?

Greenwood Luke,
Warwick NY

Directv Retailer in Buffalo is having a field day with this situation. Reminding potential subs the only way to get the Sabres, the Yankees and the NFL Network is with Directv. Crime Warner will give you Sabres and Yankees., but not the NFL Network. Currently about the only thing a Dish sub will get is the Mets on SNY (and the NFL Network), unless there is a dispute coming soon. Looks like Dish just doesn't even want to bother with NY State.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)