No more OTA for former sub

concord

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
Southern North Carolina
I've been using OTA occasionally on my 722 for about a year after cancelling. Last night I decided to watch/buffer the BB conference games as I watched something else on my Tv OTA tuner at the same time, however all OTA channels are blocked on Dish. It appears to have happened about 3 days ago.

Does Dish usually send out a blast to disable OTA on owned receivers? The OTA electronics have been degrading over time as it has issues locking on solid signals sometimes (while my hdhomerun and Tv tuners have no issues) and didn't know if it finally bit the dust.

I need to finish watching my recordings and either trash it or give it to Good Will or S. Army. I must say, Dish has one of the best DVR software around. I've played with MythTv, WMC and tvheadend/xbmc over many years, but Dish's fast forward/back ability outshines them all. Haven't seen a CM DVR+ nor Tivo, but assume they have similar abilities.

You can resub to the welcome pack and watch your recordings as well as OTA.

I have a 211k that I used for a while back before the hoppers started. I keep it hooked up because it powers my clip on ota antenna on a separate dish 1000.2 sat dish and allows me to get ota to my living room tv , hopper , a/v receiver and the 211k as well since I use a diplexor. I can still see all the ota channels and any freeview DISH channels . There is no guide for ota , but I can easily turn to it if I want to watch ota if a different ota channel is recording on my hopper. I have had it hooked up like this about three years now. I can even scan for ota channels or add just one ota channel if I want-something the hopper still CAN'T do yet.

THANK YOU for pointing this out to Dish! NOT! Soon to be corrected, no doubt.

It's definitely acting funky, but can watch recorded episode after doing some funky stuff and waiting a while it will finally start, but not worth the time, so I'm trashing it. I have a whole bunch of JAG episodes and few classic movies on it, but I'm sure I can find them onlne if needed. Any OTA stuff I had on the 722, I have on my tvhendend server from my hdhomerun also, so no big loss. Since the 722 draws 50watts on or off, I'll be saving on the electric bill!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts