No more rubber bands

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Lubbock, Texas
Well, I'll not need those rubberbands to make my HDMI work any more.

This afternoon during the NASCAR race the picture suddenly froze and I could not recover it. My 622 rebooted five times, each time saying that the content on the HD was corrupted, click: Delete Now to erase, hard drive was being cleaned. Evidently it was trying to reformat the HD, but it failed every time.

After about 15 minutes with a tech on the online chat, they are shipping me a replacement. I hope this replacement will be as trouble free (relatively) as my original.

And I had just recorded an old John Wayne movie off one of the Voom channels and had'nt had a chance to watch it. Right now my 622 is a 222 until Wednesday. I also lost some beautiful pictures of Lechugilla Cave formations from Planet Earth.

Luckily I'm using my 211 and stand alone TiVo Series 2 to record stuff I want to save to DVD.

Well, I'll not need those rubberbands to make my HDMI work any more.

This afternoon during the NASCAR race the picture suddenly froze and I could not recover it. My 622 rebooted five times, each time saying that the content on the HD was corrupted, click: Delete Now to erase, hard drive was being cleaned. Evidently it was trying to reformat the HD, but it failed every time.

After about 15 minutes with a tech on the online chat, they are shipping me a replacement. I hope this replacement will be as trouble free (relatively) as my original.

And I had just recorded an old John Wayne movie off one of the Voom channels and had'nt had a chance to watch it. Right now my 622 is a 222 until Wednesday. I also lost some beautiful pictures of Lechugilla Cave formations from Planet Earth.

Luckily I'm using my 211 and stand alone TiVo Series 2 to record stuff I want to save to DVD.
I hope you have a little better luck with your new 622. I'm holding my breath since I've had no problems with mine (yet). As far as the John Wayne movie is concerned, you can bet it'll be on at least a dozen times before the end of the month!

Yes, the formations in Lechugilla are not formed the same way as the ones in the Caverns. It makes for some really strange and beautiful displays.

Sorry to hear hope all goes well with the new one.

Hey, I was able to recover about 50% of the programs on the 622 before I shipped it off. the Planet Earth about caves was one of them.

Don't ask, can't answer.

What? I just hooked up a DVD recorder to my 942 to archive my F1 races when I traded-up to the ViP622. Is that so wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts