NO mrv in the current CE 9/28

cfb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
California
Since it wasnt posted on the "other site", but intimated by having the hr21/22/23 release notes specifically saying "no MRV", while the notes for the HR20 dont specify, there is no MRV in the HR20 release. Just some user interface changes.

MRV probably won't come back in the CE software until the next National Release comes out.

I think it will be longer than that ....
I think the plan is to release the NR and continue to work on the MRV internally till they get it straight and then shoot for a CE then NR.

They had alot of trouble with the original one.
I use to lose my PlayList when turning it on.

Last edited:
I thinkmit will be longer than that ....
I think the plan is to release the NR and continue to work on the MRV internally till they get it straight and then shoot for a CE then NR.

They had alot of trouble with the original one.
I use to lose my PlayList when turning it on.

It was working well enough to use for me, but i had the same issues, i actually just downloaded the latest ce last night, i was running the one from 7/17 until today lol, just for mrv, but yea, anything in a folder was shot for me, could never open it or play it right.

Nice avatar Rey.

I think MRV was improved, but there were still too many network hichups for me, and I'm on a 10/100 wired.

I do think it will be back in the next month though. I think they decided to tweak something else in the recent national release with this CE, specifically to the HR21/22/23, before continuing the staggered rollout.

The HR20 release seems to just have some interface changes, but it is lagging for me worse than the last CE.

Nice avatar Rey.

I think MRV was improved, but there were still too many network hichups for me, and I'm on a 10/100 wired.

I do think it will be back in the next month though. I think they decided to tweak something else in the recent national release with this CE, specifically to the HR21/22/23, before continuing the staggered rollout.

The HR20 release seems to just have some interface changes, but it is lagging for me worse than the last CE.

thanks jay.

this ce is also lagging for me a bit even though i have a hr21-100. i am hoping they will do much more to the UI if you know what i mean;) i will post the diagnostics report later today

When I had MRV it was nearly flawless. Only thing was a delay in fast forward to play. Video stream and quality was excellent on a wired network. I very much miss my MRV since I am in a new house with no home built mrv. I am using Slingbox and its not the same quality. At least my DirectvtoPC is working over wireless very well.

I too, am running the last CE with MRV. It works for the most part.

From time to time I have to keyword search "MRVCLIENTON" on my living room HR21 to show the bedroom's HR21 playlist.

I'd still rather have to do this then not have MRV.

Thanks for the tip, one of my units can't see the playlists from others and I'll try that to fix it.

It bugs me that I was having problems with my bedroom unit, got a new card and all, but it did not fix the problem. As a final effort I downloaded the NR, didn't work so D sent me a new box. Then the old one started working and I downloaded last Friday's CE.

D send me an HR21 to replace my HR20, not happy - now I need another AM21... but the folks in the Ce department want my Hr20 since it had issues. Waiting on a shipping label from them. Just wish I would have gotten an HR23.....

MRV for me

I am still using it and just need to reboot my boxes every couple of days, since they will lock up. I never want to give MRV up. Once you use it you will be hooked.

Trevor

well anyway, im hoping those ethernet to coax adapters that will hopefully come out eventually will work well enough with MRV. But you have to think, either those adapters were out longer than we all thought, or that other site has some boxes with older CE's around. if they didnt know it was coming, why would staff memebers keep old software on their boxes purposely. idk.... im upset, id really like to screw around with those. Homeplugs just dont do it for me :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)